What time of day do you exercise? Ugh!

What is this “exercise” you speak of?

1 Like

Aka movement, calisthenics, shaking your groove thing, jumpin and jiving, hoofin it.

1 Like

I tend to exercise in the morning. My go to is cycling. I like ride an hour or 2 after breakfast nearly every day. Besides that I do resistance workouts, 1 time per week with a trainer and sometimes a 2nd time on my own.

I have a think called a DeskCycle that I will sometimes use after dinner if I seek a rise in BG. 30 to 60 minutes easy spinning just brings it right down. Sometimes enough that I can have a snack.

I have been exercising regularly for the 31 years since diagnosis as a T2DM. Even though I eventually needed oral and later insulin, exercise is key to good BG management and increasing insulin sensitivity for me.

Did you ever do a fingerstick while running in a race like a 10 k or something?
It’s really impossible with sweating and fumbling around.
I used to do that though.

Not me, first I can’t run because of my knees. They weren’t damaged by running but by stepping in to the air when 10 feet up. My excuse is, it was at the end of a 12 hour shift, trying to complete a special project.

As to fingersticking while riding, that would require being hands free for quite a while, plus the sweat as well. Maybe with that new meter that has the strips inside it, with a built in lancing device. If I didn’t drop it on the road. :crazy_face:

Before I got the CGM, I would stop. I would have to stop anyway, because I would be losing energy from a hypo. I would stop, test and eat my emergency rations. Same as if I suffered quad cramps. For those I carry packets of yellow mustard.

On muscle cramps…when you mentioned the mustard packets. I remember vaguely hearing about mustard for cramps. It got me to thinking we used to sell a vinegar, ginger, garlic, chili mix that was “famous” for stopping muscle cramps fast in a lot of people. You were supposed to keep it by the bed. …it was really hard to want to down though, I remember trying it! We discontinued it pretty quickly, it was just too hard for people to use. The ginger , chili and garlic part fine, but put it in a spoon of vinegar you were supposed to take and whoa.

We used to sell a ton of the Highlands leg cramps homeopathic tablets and their leg cramp cream. People said they worked and they are easy to use. I couldn’t take the pills (lactose based) as a vegan but I loved the cream. They used to and maybe still do have quinine in them. Quinine can also be found in tonic water. It was when I was misdiagnosed and they were trying medications on me and Januvia was causing horrendous leg cramp issues that lasted for months even after I stopped taking it.

But I ran across this article which has some interesting information in it. Not sure about the source and accuracy so don’t think it’s gospel but interesting. The body works in weird ways!

https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/articles/how-does-a-teaspoon-of-mustard-cure-muscle-cramps

2 Likes