What's a good diet to lose 10 pounds fast?

So...my friend who was recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes says her doctor thinks she could stand to lose 10 pounds (4.5 kilograms); he thinks she's eating too many carbs and wants her to cut back. I totally understand, but even though my friend and I are very close, I would never tell her what to eat. I think that's what keeps our friendship so strong, we don't force things on each other, we respect one another's judgement and don't police each other around. But, when it comes to the weight issue, the both of us can lose 10 pounds. I actually didn't think I had to, but my boyfriend (the bugger!) brought it to my attention the other day. Instead of "hey, how's it going?" the first words out of his mouth when he came over were, "You've put on weight, miss." He has a sexy Indian accent and his eyes twinkle when he smiles, so I can forgive (the jerk!) anything! I made up some story about taking more insulin, but he didn't buy it. The fact is, I've been eating peanut butter (right out of the jar!). I normally don't go for peanut butter -- I prefer chocolate -- but I've been craving it BAD! OK, now that it's out in the open, anyone know a good diet to lose 10 pounds (4.5 kilograms) fast? (Like...yesterday?) Thanks so much!

Dr. Richard Bernstein: " Diabetes solutions". He is a type 1 that proposes a low carb and low calorie diet.

Oh, him! Yes, I read some of his stuff. There's a section of his website where you can read chapters of his book for FREE! I've seen his list of forbidden foods for diabetics and I pretty much follow it to the letter, so I don't see how it can help in my situation. But, I'll pass it on to my friend, she eats way more carbs than I do! LOL