What's in my name

I suppose your parent/s have to call you something you cannot go through life being reffered to as him it her or that I nkow when our children were born we sat for ages thinking of names trying not to offend anyone if we called our child after mom dad aunts uncles some folks use the names of there heroes mind you gald dad did not like Greek mythology I could gave been called,Coews,Theia,Helios mind you these sound female to me greek scholors let me know and sorry about the spelling,or even Vikings althoug I suppose some names still exsist as they came ther saw and conquered like the Romans before them so where in the Heavens did Raymond come from.
Well It might interest you to knoe that according to (Ask Jeeves) and I dso ask jeeves about a lot of stuff, it is masculine, Old German origin,now that is a surprise not even fair hared,and it means Protective hands well that might have been the case but I drop a lot of crockery and stuff these days,varianrs include(raemond,raemondo,raimond,raimondo so lots of raymonds about.
So when it comes to choosing a name think carefully remember it is not you that has to bear it for the rest of your life