What's your all time favorite christmas movie and why

my all time favorite movie is white christmas. from the clothes, to the songs, to the sharing from the heart that is portrayed in this movie. i have always liked to have my kids watch this movie so they can understand that giving is just as rewarding and receiving is. the mushy stuff ain’t half bad either. sigh!!!

It’s got to be Bad Santa for me - Billy Bob Thornton at his finest!!!

It is Sound of Music,because it is always shown onTV during Christmas time.I watched this movie with my class,my english teacher took us to the cinema,and for a month,we wrote about it,sang its songs and wrote a review about all aspects of the movie…I will be waiting to watch it during Christmas this year…

A Christmas Story for sure!!! The 24 hour marathon that they run is a family tradition for me. I think I could recite it line for line. And here’s something pretty funny…our first christmas together, my husband and I were so busy visiting family that we forgot to make dinner plans. Well, wouldn’t you know it, the only place open was the local Chinese restaurant. We now have every Christmas dinner there! Can’t break tradition!!!

I’ll agree with The Christmas Story! I don’t know what it is about that movie, maybe because my mom hates it, I don’t know. But I watch that movie all the time around Christmas. My neighbor’s down the street actually have the famous Leg Lamp! Right in their front window for everyone to see.

Well, every year we end up watching The Christmas Story b/c my mom loves it! The 24 hr marathon kills us =P My favorite has to be Elf or The Nightmare Before Christmas. I love Elf for the funnies. I love TNBC b/c we have watched it since we were kids, and I just love it =) But, to be honest…it’s hard for me to see a Christmas movie that I don’t like =D

The Bells of Saint Mary’s. I think it was made in the 1940’s.

I have seen most of these movies, but for me the holiday favorites are those weird stop-action puppet television specials like Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman, etc. Ah, Burl Ives, Bing Crosby, and Mr. Heatmeiser. Those and the Peanuts Christmas special every year are my favorites. I remember seeing those low-tech specials as a kid and they still seem to be replayed every year.
As for movies, well, Christmas Story of course.

The Griswold Family Christmas with Chevy Chase - it is dorky and silly and I love it.

Mine is Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire. It covers all the major holidays, but the Christmas scenes are the best.

The Christmas Story 24 hour marathon and It’s a Wonderful Life. The Griswold Family Christmas rates also.
Favorite cartoon is the Grinch That Stole Christmas with Charlie Brown Christmas close behind.

Definitely the Nightmare Before Christmas! It’s the only Christmas type movie that I will watch more than once.

We always watch A Christmas Story or The Santa Claus (w/ Tim Allen) on Christmas eve. Also, another favorite, of course, is Elf. I don’t think I’ve ever been able to watch it without laughing.

i really dig home alone 2 - lost in new york… i just keep on laughing on it every time i watch it even though i watched it gazillion times now. but i guess its more of rminiscing my early childhood whenever i catch that movie.

My first choice is “The Chistmas Story” That movie was my life Growing up in N.E. Ohio . I remember so many of those things . The snow suits , The same stores . The double dog dares. And the bully. Hey , I think I had the same father…

My second choice is “The Grinch that stoled Christmas” Okay , I love Roast Beast.

Third but not least is 1938 “The Christmas Carol” But no humbug here!
Truth be known ; I a sap for a good story!

The Muppet Christmas Carol does not get enough credit. It is one of the best.

I love the part when the chidren sing “Happy Birthday Jesus”

I love all the ‘Santa Clause’ movies. Then another one, "The Magic of Christmas, kind of a modern ‘Christmas carol’ where an embittered woman is shown what it would be like if a bank robbery had turned out differently… I also like a comedy, ‘I’ll be home for Christmas’ about a college kid who got 'pranked and left alone to try to get home back east from California by Christmas Day.

Yeah Joe, me too.

I forgot about the Griswold’s! For me they are a very close 2nd.