What's your favorite adult beverage?

Whiskey. Neat.

2 Likes

Iā€™m mixing a drink on TuDiabetes Talks Tonight Live at 8pm ET! Grab a drink and join in the chat live here with @MarieB @Brian_BSC @Stemwinder_Gary JOIN US!!!

http://www.tudiabetes.org/event/tudiabetes-talks-forum-tos-admin-team/

2 Likes

LOL :cocktail::wine_glass::tropical_drink::beers:

2 Likes

Shouldnā€™t mix your drinks, Marie.

3 Likes

and last night @cynthia_rogers used her Penguin to show us how to make a diabetes-hack Margarita and we made a toast to @SEAGATOR1 (@Brian_BSC and I drinking wine and @Stemwinder_Gary driinking unknown)

Whatā€™s a Penguin?

Itā€™s a specialized cocktail shaker, @cynthia_rogers shows it in the first 5 minutes of the video and shows us her recipe for d-friendly Margaritas - it was a fun time!

Just wondered. We used to have a cat whose nickname was Penguin. Well, one of her nicknames.

My go to, is Pinot Grigioā€¦one glass is about 7 grams of carbs.

Speaking of catsā€¦I tried this wine called ā€œCat Peeā€ (just because, lol)ā€¦anyway, the name is reflected in the taste. Meow!!

1 Like

My next one

3 Likes

I love G&Ts but canā€™t hardly stand the diet tonic water anymore. Iā€™ve switched to a soda stream and add this:

They are way lower in sugar and taste soooo much better than Schweppes or whatever else is at the grocery store.

Hmm, about time to head home and make myself oneā€¦

4 Likes

Was at the beach in NC and discovered a new beverage called Truly spiked and sparkling.100 calories. 2g carbs and 5% alcohol. Refreshing and hardly any bloodsugar impact!! Pomogranet, lime and grapefruit flavors. Look for in beer isle.

1 Like

Depends on what Iā€™m feeling. I can always go for a good bourbon on the rocks. If I want something heavier, I love a good porter or stout, but those feel like meals by themselves. And if Iā€™m feeling classy, then a nice red wine.

2 Likes

Soā€¦
Whoā€™s putting these all in a book for us!?!?
ā€œTuD Betes Bar Guideā€ !!!

1 Like

Hmm. Just thinking out loud, figuratively speaking, but I suspect that if this thread stays alive long enoughā€”which it gives every indication of doing :smile:ā€”the list will eventually consist of just about every beverage there is!

3 Likes

I was intrigued by your post. Pretty tasty and Refreshing on a hot day.

Glad you liked it! I love a good beer but found most alcoholic drinks really spike my blood sugar faster than my insulin can react. I occasionally will drink a good vodka with club soda, lemon and stevia. I feel like this new beverage should get the ā€œdiabeticā€™s choice award.ā€ Too bad there is no such thing!

I like beer it makes me a jolly good fellow.

2 Likes

I donā€™t drink much but if I can get by with it mikes hard or any hard cider