When were you Induced?

I’m doing well. I still feel great and my blood sugars have been awesome (though my insulin resistance seems to be decreasing, which actually has my endo worried about placenta deterioration).

Most likely, I will be hospitalized from next week on (hopefully for 3 weeks until week 37). The concern about placenta deterioration is the main motivation to be at the hospital so that I can have non-stress tests frequently and that they can act quickly if there is any sign of stress. So far, apart from being big, our “little” guy seems to be doing great!

I’m still trying to wrap my head around the idea that he will be here in four weeks!!

That’s great news that he’s doing great. I know that you’ve been working very hard to keep your diabetes in the safe zone. I use you as motivation!

My OB told me that the insulin resistance means the placenta is functioning well too. I’m still having to increase my dosages every 2 days. But, he said to take that increase as a great sign.

I hope that things are okay with you. The good news is that you are so close to being full term that if your placenta does give stress to your baby, he will be well developed.

Please keep us posted on yours and LO’s progress.

Four weeks is such a short amount of time! We’re looking at 7 weeks now? I think? I’m starting to lose track!