When will I start to feel better?

Before I started on prandial insuling my blood sugar was always high. !50-280 all the time. I didn't feel great, but I was fully functional. Then I started on MDI and had highs and lows all over the place. I felt terrible.

My endo immediately suggested a pump, since I just couldn't deal with MDI on my extremekly irregular schedule. So I was only on MDI for about 3-4 weeks.

Now that I have the pump, and am doing well with it, my bloodsugars are WAY better.Mostly in normal range, in fact. But I feel absolutely lousy almost all of the time. And I can't think in a clear and organized manner. Which impacts my work.

I am hoping that all of this is just because of the years of high sugar my brain has gotten used to functioning with. Anyone else have these problems? When is it going to get better?

Not too long ago, I had a year of absolutely horrible control. It wasn't that I'd "given up" or anything; more just that I was working more and so scared of going low that I was intentionally letting myself "run high." When my A1C began to approach the double-digits, I knew I had to do something. I went back on the pump and (slowly) brought my BGs back within semi-normal range.

To be honest, it was freaking hard. Part of the problem was that more than a year of running high left me feeling "low" when I was in the mid-100s. I was constantly treating what I thought were lows and freaking out on an almost-hourly basis because I was absolutely sure I was going to pass out from a low.

Thankfully, from reading posts on here and other listservs, I knew that this was a normal experience. I toughed it out and within about a month or two, the lousy feeling went away and I was once again feeling normal when my BG was near-normal. A year later and I'm once again having what I think are normal physical responses to highs and lows.