Where are you in the CV19 vaccine line?

I just got a questionnaire from Kaiser Permanente, my insurer.
First question, would you be willing to take a covid vaccine.
It is similar to the one posted here however assigning points for age and one point per condition. There is just one box for diabetes.
For my age I get one point over 50, for my conditions I get one for diabetes.
I have a 2.
I’m certain I’m late on the list, however the questionnaire doesn’t really explain anything behind it.
Also. They have my medical record so why do they need to ask, I don’t know

As I alluded to earlier… because this will be a massive public health undertaking that’s not going to involve the going through the fine print of anyone’s medical history…

It’ll be “do you have diabetes— yes/ no”
And also do you have (pick a very broad category) of any other major disease category yes/no reiterated several times

If my line had 100 people in it, the NY Times says, I’d be 9th in line. I don’t believe it because the federal government is making a mistake in basing vaccine allotments based on population as opposed to number of HC workers, of which there are 85,000 in the District where I work and live. The District is therefore getting far far fewer vaccines - about 8,000, which will go to ED and ICU staff first. This may change, but no way am I 9th in line.

I honestly don’t even think it’ll be broken down that intelligently amongst hc workers in the USA … I bet the icu nurse will be right there in line next to the person who works in billing when it comes to healthcare workers. I have a lot of experience dealing with federal govt… if anyone expects them to orchestrate something in a manner that makes a great deal of sense, I suspect that they have less experience with them

1 Like

I am finding that the nanobots conspiracy is pretty widespread. A surprising number of people believe that receiving the vaccine will give you covid. There must be a way to confront this in a nonconfrontational way. If anybody knows how, please throw an idea my way and I’ll try it out. The nanobots conspiracy is sorta creeping around and morphing and gaining ground in otherwise normal people. It freaks me out. I dont want people to get hurt because of a little paranoia.

First effort made to confront nanobots…

I simply said that I need to be very careful of covid because 25% of the covid deaths are people like me. I have already almost died from a bad strain of seasonal flu that destroyed my pancreas and turned me into a diabetic. I can’t afford to loose anymore internal organs. It is a very unpleasant experience to die from flu strains like this and it changed my life dramatically.

I truly have no idea how to react. It’s not the misinformation which concerns me as much as people appearing to prefer the misinformation. The yearning desire to be misled. :astonished: :scream:

1 Like

While nanobots is persistent. The idea that diabetics have higher risk of death has been declared “absurd” misinformation by nanobots enthusiasts. I suppose that’s all I can try. That’s all I got. Ideas welcome.

I wonder how vaccines will be allocated for federal federal health facilities and insurance. For me that is Tricare through early Spring and also Veterans administration. Also, whether retail pharmacies will be an option.

The Air Force Medical Center where I get most of my medical care is always late getting the annual flu vaccine and won’t vaccinate retirees or dependents until active duty has been vaccinated, about 1-1/2 or 2 months behind all together.

11,200 ahead of me in my county. I am 81 with diabetes for 75 years, bur I approve of the way they are putting the health care workers, and others deserving optimal placement ahead of me.

3 Likes

The logic is kind of like the air mask instructions on airplanes: do your own before you do your kid’s because if you’re unconscious they’re gonna die too.

3 Likes

You go Marilyn! I have 33,000 in front of me.
Lets hang tough my friend!

1 Like

I guess having heart stents isn’t such a bad thing. Lol

2 Likes

T1 diabetics are not “high risk” like type 2, only “possibly at higher risk” according to CDC, though newer research from the last 6 months puts us at as great or even slightly greater risk of severe Covid or death from Covid. There has been a group of 19 diabetic advocacy groups including drs & public health experts that wrote a letter with research links to CDC and ACIP to get both put on the high risk list.

Only 4 states list both. All others only list one or the other or simply refer to CDC guidelines which were created in May (hence why there wasn’t enough data for T1 group, only 1.6 million of us in USA.)

I’m way far back on the list. Either 1c, behind essential workers, or group 2 with all healthy adults.

I’ll be the last adult in my extended family to be eligible. I work outside the home per my employers preference. I work at a church, the deacons vote on whether the office stays open. :woman_shrugging: I’ve been exposed at work to Covid positive or symptomatic people on their way to get a test 3 different times since October of 2020.

Feb 4th. In Idaho people with comorbidities ages 65 -75 are lumped in with all of the the healthy 65-75 yrs olds. Feb 4 is fine with us though.

1 Like

Everywhere that it matters. Diabetes is not separated into types. So that’s the one and only time it might help me to be confused with type 2.

My provider asked several questions including Do you have diabetes in deciding my place in the COVID vaccine queue.

I was scheduled to get mine on Feb 15, however I got a follow up message that they might not have enough vaccine.

Ugh

I am in The California. I won’t even discuss the changing criteria. !!! I am 75+ Which is suppose to be in the line for next. Oh but there is no vaccine. But my brothers and sister all; either have their shots or at least an an appointment. Not me just that they may call me soon. They live in different states. What really irritates me is those who can get the shot , but they are concern and don’t want it now. So ok if that is what you want go to the end of the line. I won’t mention what administration thought up this mess . Let’s just say we voted them out.

1 Like

Mississippi is out of vaccine until March. I have zero confidence in the ability of this State to do anything correctly.

1 Like

Here’s the latest from CA…time will tell if this is good news for diabetics or not. I am amazed that CA is taking this step, hope it works out well.

What happened there, @GulfCoast? Do you know?