Where do you place your CGM?

Thanks for this! Yet another of those things overlooked in the mass sea of diabetic information. We’ll make this adjustment.

1 Like

And a wide and time-consumingly deep sea it is!

1 Like

Back of the arm. I used to tummy it for years but it just seems a little more accurate and out of the way for me on my arm. And… some days I love that I can’t see it when its on the back of my arm. With all the scars, bruises, gadgets and gizmos we wear, one less reminder!!!

5 Likes

Another back of arm fan here! I, personally, have never had great luck with anything on my stomach. I get occlusions when I put an infusion set there, and while I don’t get bad readings from my Dex on my stomach…I find my constant bending, moving etc. etc. an irritant there. While the arm is more visible, it is much more comfortable and ‘out of the way’ for me. At the end of the day, overall comfort wins. We do enough uncomfortable things in our daily living, while I still have to work on my shyness during the summer months about having it ‘visible’, I am learning to respect the fact that daily comfort is more important then a stranger’s opinion.

As for finger sticks, less is definitely more with the CGM. I get best readings when I limit my calibrations to just the standard 2 a day.

6 Likes