Where to buy dexcom supplies in the USA?

Maybe check if you have insurance coverage to get Dexcom as Pharmacy. My cost is less, and currently get G6 from Costco. Assume they will also supply G7 once available, and would likely switch once my insurance adds G7 to formulary.

I get my Dexcom supplies through CCSMed and my cost is $0 and no issues as they are very proactive. There is no way my cost could be any less through any pharmacy and certainly much more inconvenient as my supplies are delivered to me and I live 7 miles from the nearest pharmacy. Each one of us has a slightly different situation and what works great for one does not necessarily work as well for another.

1 Like

Only time $0 happens to me is when I max out my oop! Certainly not there yet, but stock up when I can.

…and the situation changes as our insurance changes. I was recently required to switch to Edwards mail order pharmacy for Dexcom refills after using my neighborhood pharmacy for several years. The change stressed me out but at the end of the day it worked out fine.

I use ADS and have had zero problems with them, they ship out and I usually get it in the morning of the next day. Their customer service is great too. They also always send me free KT tape overpatches.

1 Like

This forum has been the best resource I have found. Other things I have tried in order:
Endo’s office* - they said whoever the HMO came back with.
Dexcom web form - no response
Dexcom 800 number for new customers - Outsourced to a nice 3rd party service. Gave me the first 5 companies I listed in the original post so certainly not quality oriented.
Insurance company - Their web lookup can’t filter by product so I’m looking at a hundred companies, 90% don’t sell dexcom. I called and had one of those hoo boy that was useless calls.
HMO - No help and luckily I found Minipharmacy in a post on this forum before I filed my complaint with the state insurance regulator.

So for anyone who finds this in the future and is wondering why I didn’t just contact Dexcom, I did and for the reasons listed in my original post their recommendations weren’t helpful.

My insurance is a bit odd. And they charge me $30 for a script per month no matter how many or vials there are
So if I use 2 vials or 4 in a month it still costs me $130

If dexcom goes to pharmacy benefit, that will mean the sensors would cost me $10 each or $90 for 3 months.

Through durable equipment I’m paying $110 for 3 months.
Of course generics cost $10 but there is no generic insulin available through my insurance. It’s Kaiser and I know so many people hate it, but I really like the care I get.
Premiums are higher but the copays are low and there is no deductible. Been using it for 25 years.

1 Like

I use Walmart for my Dexcom supplies and they are easy to work with. I also like that I can just pick supplies up at the store and not wait for a package to arrive by mail.

I finally got my Dexcom order from Mini Pharmacy so I tried to start the process of changing to a new DME company. CCS Medical, Edwards Healthcare Services and Wellstart Medical aren’t in-network.

For anyone who finds this in the future please post the name of any Durable Medical Equipment company you use.

Why do you want to switch to DME? Does your insurance allow either? My Dexcom G6 sensors are lower cost to me as Pharmacy. Also prevents chance of a delivered DME package being left in hot sun on porch.
I order mine from Costco, and pickup same day or next day. For me, lower cost when pharmacy. No shipping charges. Same for transmitter.

I want to switch DME suppliers. My insurance pays 100% for a CGM when I buy it from a DME supply company. They pay 0% when I buy from a pharmacy.

Do you have private (aka not Medicare) health insurance? If so let me know the company and plan name and I’ll look to see if your plan covers a CGM from a DME.

Every plan is different. My plan used to only cover as DME, but later added to Pharmacy (Express Scripts) so I can do either. Pharmacy is lower cost for me. But I certainly agree DME is best if better cost!!!

1 Like

I’ve worked on changing suppliers since y’all provided so many suggestions. There were lots I couldn’t take advantage of because the companies were not “In Network” with my insurance. I re-evaluated Byram hoping that maybe the scam I had run into was just a bad contractor. No luck, the conversation I had with customer service went just like the one with Edgepark.

In the end I have to manage my prior authorization and prescription expiration dates to make sure I can get my CGM supplies on time. Diabetes ain’t easy.

If on Medical Care.
Advanced Diabetic Supplies
customercare@northcoastmed.com

I pick it up at the pharmacy. My doctor arranged it with byram. I just get notified to pick it up when it’s time. I’ve had no problem so far. Started using it a couple months ago.

1 Like

@J1112

I pick it up at the pharmacy. My doctor arranged it with byram

Picking up supplies ordered from a DME at a pharmacy is a neat trick. You should post a new topic about the arrangement, someone might find it helpful.

I’d encourage you to find an alternative to Byram. They aren’t HIPAA compliant and they are wasting your doctors time with paperwork they don’t need.

Over night From ADS. I wish I got that service. I have to contact them 3 weeks ahead of times. Even then they have been late occasionally. I think the issue is that even though my status has not change from G4 days , they are forced by Medicare to go back to my Endo Doc. for each order to verify my status.