Where to find best price for Dexcom G5 sensors?

Hi, can you tell me exactly how you make your sensor work after one week?

Thank you, thank you, thank you, I am going to try it. It’s time for a new sensor right now so I am going to see if I can restart it. Do you use the G4 or G5? I am currently on the G5. After 7 years no one has ever told me this trip and of course the company won’t tell you this. When I was on my husband’s insurance I was getting all my supplies at no cost period he retired in November and now I am on Medicare and am not covered so I’m scrounging to try to find sensors. I bought a box of 4 for $200 on eBay and was searching for my next box when I stumbled upon this forum. On eBay and Amazon sensors are going for $250 up to 700 for a box of four!

What isDPAC?

It is the Diabetes Patient Advocacy Coalition

You’ve used Dexcom for 7 years and you didn’t know you could use them past one week? Oh my, you should read more. :slight_smile: I use mine 3 weeks to a month on average.

Go to the Facebook trading page where people trade supplies and give away sensors all the time. :slight_smile:

Leave the old sensor in place. Start a new sensor on your Dexcom as if you had put in a new one. The receiver won’t know the difference.

To extend sensor life as much as possible it’s a good idea to use extra tape and stick them down, with Skin Tac. Search this forum for posts as to how to do this. There are loads!

How exactly do I get to the Facebook trading page?

I just got my dexcom receiver, transmitter, and sensors for FREE from community specialty. Dexcom set it up for me, but I thought I wouldn’t be able to afford one of these, so I’m still in shock! I guarantee nobody can beat that price😉
On another note, does anyone know where to get the best pricing on t:slim pump supplies? (I live in St. Paul, Minnesota)

Just hearing the name Byram, makes me wanna shoot myself in the face! …how has your experience with them been?

For me, its just been one problem or mistake after another…
When i used to use Medtronic = They’d send out extra stuff, all the time!!
Need a 3-day emergency supply of supplies?! yup!
Replace broken or defective stuff…yup!
I would just call and say “hey, i need a little favor…” and it was always “yea, sure…no problem…will this or that work for you?” “How about this?” “Have you tried these?” … its like they actually cared or something>!

Byram is like - “Are you sure, 200% positive, you only recieved 3 infusion sets for the entire month, hum…our system says you should have received 15. I’ll have to contact shipping dept. to verify your story, then… if thats what really happened, we will send you the rest… but, lucky for you - and cuz we are so great - we will ship them next day- for free!” - "see how generous we are!!

They are definitely just a medical supplies middleman, that seem concerned with their bottom line before anything or anyone else. Which i do understand, but … after dealing with Medtronic for 5 years, it was a surprise and BIG Downgrade to deal with these guys.

Thanks so much for thinking of me! Thankfully, Medicare started covering Dexcom last September so I am covered!

I do have a friend whose 6 year old son has T1D. They are a young family with 3 kids, both parents work multiple jobs to make ends meet and they have lousy insurance. I supply them with stuff frequently. I would be delighted to pass the sensors on to them if you feel comfortable with that.

And, BTW, for encouragement, I was diagnosed at 10 and will celebrate 60 years with T1D in March. So, that said, your son can have a long and productive life!

Best regards,

Arlene Samowich