Whew, I made it through!

Whew! I made it through my first week of my weight loss journey. I am taking little steps to get healthier. My first goal was to cut out regular soda. I havent had a dr. pepper(or any other kind of regular soda) since Nov. 3rd. I know it may not sound like much to some people but I was pretty much addicted to soda. I have had a few diet sodas this past week but its not like I replaced the regular stuff with diet. I used to drink alot of soda and I think I have had like 4 or 5 diet sodas in the past 10 days. So needless to say I am pretty happy with myself. My goal for this week is to start my running plan. I am going to start tomorrow morning. I will really only be walking for the first 8 days but after that I will be starting on the walking/jogging plan. I am actually looking forward to it.

Yay, that is good news. Keep it up! About your running plan, sticking to walking first is a good idea. When you build up your stamina and hit a plateau, then you can gradually increase the intensity and duration of your workout. That will slowly build up fitness! :slight_smile:

Giving up soda when you drink it a lot IS a big deal. You deserve to be happy with yourself!
For me I think giving up sweet tea and regular soda is the main thing which has made a difference in my BG. It took me a long time to adjust to the tast of artificial sweeteners, but I did it because I knew if I didn’t, I would not be able to stay away from soda. Even so, I do not drink nearly the amount of diet soda that I did of regular soda for so many years. My favorite now, which, even being used to the art. sweets, I think has the least aftertaste is Fresca. The sharp tang of the grapefruit/citrus really does the trick for me… and, as a bonus, no caffeine!