Which pump model is this?

All minimeds look the same to me…This one has a green ACT button.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure @Jason99 is correct, but FYI they didn’t change the hardware interface design for decades, so outwardly the pager-style pumps all look pretty much the same. My old Paradigm 730 looks almost identical, other than color (grey) and instead of saying “MiniMed” between the arrows, it says “Paradigm.”

1 Like

I agree DrBB. I looked at the only two Medtronic pumps I still have and the 530 has the green highlight around the act button, where as my 723 does not. I’ve never heard of the 751 which Medtronic sent Dave a few days ago. If they did carry that highlight to other paradigm models after the 530, then I apologize for giving misinformation. I’m fairly certain it is a 530.

530 was my best guess, but I thought I’d ask an open ended question and see what info volleyed back. Thanks a bunch you guys.

I’ve been looking at the Medtronic website. They don’t list any paradigm models anymore. According to Wikipedia, the 523/723 were the last models in 2010 before the 530g came out. My 530 matches your photo exactly, my 723 does not have the green circle. Thanks for posting this, because I haven’t taken those pumps out of their boxes since I got my X2. It brought back a lot of memories.

No green circle on my 730 either, so I think you’ve called it correctly.

One of the confusing things about MT is that their model numbers start off not being sequential, so a 730 ends up being older than a 530, or a 670 for that matter.

2 Likes

This clears up my confusion about Dave’s 751. I was under the impression the 751 was a later model In the series.

Since it says Minimed, I agree it is 530G system (551/751 model).

Matches image here

Starting with 530G System, they started using confusing additional numbers for the 180 vs 300 unit model versions (551/751). And different model numbers for different countries, for same System.

My first was 507, currently have 723.

Here is a page form the Medtronic online guide to determine the S/N and number of the paradigm pump. It is a 500 series pump, I am guessing the 530g.

Note: I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things about Medtronic devices or the company. In fact, they do not pay me at all. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.

Rick - Do you know when Medtronic started putting their name on Minimed pumps?

Medtronic bought Minimed and Medical Research Group Inc in summer of 2001 for $3.7Billion cash and stock, but I can’t find when Medtronic initiated branding the pumps with their name

Jim- I do not. My first pump was in 2002 and it was branded minimed. My second pump was in 2005 / 2006 and it was branded medtronic. I wish I had that minimed pump just for the fun of having one.

Note: I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things about Medtronic devices or the company. In fact, they do not pay me at all. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.

1 Like

I have an older model 722 Minimed pump. The identification sticker on the back has this formatted info:

REF MMT 722LNAS

@mohe0001, does your pump have a similar ID sticker? If it does then that would definitively identify the pump model.

I just went to the Status screen (press ESC button) and scrolled down until it said Paradigm 751 and gave the software version number. My first pump was a Minimed 508, but since then, they all really look alike.

I believe i had 4 different 700 series pumps with different numbers and slightly different features. It is fun to recall the various numbers of the revel line of pumps.

My mom was a control subject in a pump study back in the early 70’s that eventually became the Eli Lilly pump, I think. The Minimed pump was also being studied at the same time. The Lilly pump at the time was the size of a large 4 wheel cart. It weighed over 70 pounds. We laughed when we saw it. I will never forget how preposterous it looked.

Miniaturization has been very very good for me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That and baseball😀

Indeed.

Pete-ee Rose…Baseball been berry, berry good to Pete Rose. Three-point-two-million-dollar para Pete Rose. Charlie Hustle, you bet. Thank you berry, berry much.

1 Like

I wish the MLB would allow him to be in the hall of fame. He was like a wild animal on the field. Too bad his decisions later in life tarnished him.

1 Like

Sorry, @Terry4, I don’t have the physical pump in hand. I was looking for non copyrighted images of an insulin pump on the internet - Pixabay. The only image available is this one. This pump is the image for a bunch of articles, like the FDA recalls. Technically, this pump was not recalled, though. There must be a shortage of free insulin pump images on the internet. We should add some.

https://pixabay.com/photos/diabetes-insulin-pump-diabetic-2102239/

1 Like