White House requires Big Pharma to list drug prices on TV ads

We all know and have been discussing it for years. But, it sure is validating to have the rest of the world finally start to come on board, isn’t it?

No, not the “white house”.

That is the case in australia, no prescription drug can be advertised.

And that’s the way it WAS in the U.S. All the rules are gone now.

Those were the good ole days, no drug advertising, no lawyer advertising , no doctor advertising. Can we go back, Please

There’s still no advertising for cigarettes or alcohol!

lawyers can advertise here but medical people can’t. People are manipulated by adds, the medical and drug industry should be banned from doing it. Oxy is the drug of choice now, It is very restricted here. Even panadol with codeine is now on a script and not over the counter.

Well I’ll be! I’m eating crow! How do I count for that? :rofl:

I just heard my first television commercial for electronic cigarettes. There must be a loophole somewhere!

1 Like

Judge Blocks Trump Rule Requiring Drug Companies to List Prices in TV Ads

• July 8, 2019

A federal judge ruled on Monday that the Trump administration cannot force pharmaceutical companies to disclose the list price of their drugs in television ads, dealing a blow to one of the president’s most visible efforts to pressure drug companies to lower their prices.

Judge Amit P. Mehta, of the United States District Court in the District of Columbia, ruled that the Department of Health and Human Services exceeded its regulatory authority by seeking to require all drugmakers to include in their television commercials the list price of any drug that costs more than $35 a month. The rule was to take effect this week.

THEY WIN WE LOOSE AGAIN.

Trump knew it would never fly to begin with - that’s why he did it - gimme a break

That could be, but it was an Obama appointed judge who struck it down.:grin:

I still say with 7.5 million insulin users in the US if we all invested $100 with 750 million dollars we could start a pharmaceutical company and manufacture our own insulin and buy it from ourselves at cost.

7.5 million voters could also decide most presidential elections and we could easily bully both candidates into supporting us pre election if we stuck together.

“big pharma” only wins every time because we let them.

THIS, this post. This is the most important post I have seen since the beginning of the internet. Way to go IgotT1.

Big Pharma is so loaded with money to throw around, it is very hard to change anything. But if you don’t try, it certainly won’t change. So hopefully any small step made will help start the ball rolling.

“Democrats see U.S. President Donald Trump becoming increasingly vulnerable to criticism about healthcare costs after the administration’s decision to scrap a proposal to lower drug prices”

Could be true or could be just wishful thinking on the part of the Democrats. It is still a long way to election and Trump loves to pull a rabbit out of a hat when it has the most impact and importing drugs from other countries may be a fairly easy initiative to push through when he needs to make a big impact just before elections.

I think there might be enough of a ruckus starting about drug prices and the different states trying to do something, that he might start to look for some of the easier answers to address the issues. We can hope, because even though I have good insurance, higher prices to the insurance companies will get passed down to us too, or they will start trying to restrict more access to certain drugs.

1 Like

This video is all about the new list price on TV ads rule being struck down. The title is a little off. I just started watching and he just mentioned people going to Canada for insulin.

Edit:

I am just at the before the 4 minute mark. Talking about Eli Lilly and this abandoned insulin plant. He is on this.

Edit 2: Bummer he goes on to other “news” dumb sensational stuff soon after but at least someone is reporting on this.

Thanks. I try. I think then everyone should repost these things all over the internet see if we can get it to spread.

Its actually scary cause I am pretty new and the more I learn about how corrupt things are , yikes !

The Mayo is attempting to begin manufacturing generics in Utah to combat drug shortages. Its gonna take years, but my money is on them that they will have some success.

1 Like