Whoo hoo!

After 17 years of resistance I decided to take the plunge and go on the pump. I was having a lot of lows and wanted to stabilize my BG’s. So I thought the pump could maybe help me with that and maybe give me a more “normal” life.

So after many, many months of research and many months of government waiting lists and applications I am finally on the pump today.

I chose the Animas 2020 and was scheduled for an 8am appointment today with my CDE. The Animas rep was suppose to be there because I was the first Animas pump my CDE was programing and she need to be “certified”. Well the rep didn’t show up, apparently her daughter had a severe low and passed out. So my 3 hour appointment turned into 4 1/2 hours since the CDE was double, triple and quadruple checking everything. Other than that everything went smoothly and now time will tell.

I’m not much of a blogger, but I am going to try and blog about this for the next couple weeks. I have a poor memory and this will be a record to look back on in the future.

I want to thank everyone here for their help. I asked a lot of redundant questions, but you were all patient and gave me great answers. So hopefully I can return the favor one day to another newbie pumper.

Ciao

Congrats Preta! I was really resistant to it too for a lot of years. My kids finally wore me down and got me to try it. I am so happy to have it now. The first two weeks are a little crazy, but once you get the hang of it, its all good. Feel free to hit me up with any questions.

Zoey

Way to go Preta!!
I have my pump start on Jan. 23rd and i can not what. Keep us updated with how it goes.

Greg

Congrats! It took me 11 years before deciding on a pump =) Happy pumping!!!

It might be a bit annoying at first, but you’ll get the hang of it soon enough. Just in time for the holidays…