Why am I here?

I'm here to learn about diabetes and share what I have done to help my father with his diabetes.

My Insulin Log was born when my father, a Type 2 Diabetic, was having trouble keeping track of his blood sugars and insulin intake. It was necessary for him to check in with his doctors weekly with detailed reports to stabilize his blood sugars. His handwriting was never the best to start off with and to carry around a little log book became tedious.

When he returned from a week long stay in the hospital to stabilize himself I had created a small log book that he could use on his computer. Able to input his sugars, his dosage, and what he has eaten or some notes really set him up on a schedule that he found easy to follow. He prints out and faxes over his reports to his doctors and now his doctors can read what he's been doing since it is no longer in his handwriting.

I decided to broaden the use of the log past just my father to other diabetics in hopes that it can help others who are managing their diabetes, registered a domain name and got started.

I hope people find my site as helpful as the sites I have found.

Hey There,

Thanks for pinging me. I just added your site to my 2007 Year in Diabetes Roundup at:

Let me know what you think!

Best,

AmyT