Why am I so tired

Hi,

I was dx with Type 2 diabetes with hypothryroidism in August 2010. Three and a half years earlier I went through chemo and radiation to deal with breast cancer. I also have fibromyalgia and am overweight. I’ve had 4 surgeries in the past 2 years.

My doc put me on metformin and victoza. I was having lows so she cut the metformin from 1000mg to 500 mg. Now I get sweaty and oh so tired. I fall asleep sitting on the couch every afternoon. I have a very full life and many interests. I’m so frustrated. Any ideas of the cause?

Thanks,

Lynn

I had chemo, radiation and 10 surgeries between 2005-2006 for breast cancer. I’m told my T1 was caused by massive doses of steroids for radiation pneumonia when my body was already compromised from chemo. I also have chronic fatigue, and can’t help falling asleep late morning/afternoon. I understand your frustration! I have chronic pain from various ‘side effects’ from my treatment and surgeries.

Are you taking tomoxifen or an aromatase inhibitor? I wonder if the arimidex I take contributes to the sudden fatigue daily, though I’m told it’s probably not. I stop arimidex in April, so will see if there’s improvement. I believe that part of the fatigue is residual from the assault on our bodies from chemo. I’d love to hear if anyone else has thoughts??