Wife applied for a Customer Care Mgr role at Dexcom - Good Experiences?

I don’t want to be biased, so am asking all Dexcom (former and current), have your experiences been positive with Dexcom’s sales and customer service?

I haven’t called recently, but when I first started using dexcom in 2011, I did call several times, and they were great. Having had poor experience with medtronic, it was a nice surprise.
I know support has required protocol to follow and ask what I think are irrelevant questions. But I tend to play along, rather than object. Sometimes that is frustrating.

Great experiences! They answer the phone right away and have been very patient and helpful.

I call Dex Tech Support if I even just have a question without anything being broken.
They are freakin AWESOME !!!

I wish they worked for my cable company…

Current Dex user. They are one of the best customer support orgs I’ve encountered!

I usually only call tech support. They are great.

In all the years using Dexcom, I have never called customer service. Everything works like it should and never had any issues with billing, so no real need to call.
I would say, my only suggestion would be better training. I live in San Diego but had my training over the phone and email. I watched videos and talked with trainer a few times. Big miss, is how to use all the data we get from this great device! I think so many are missing out on what they can do with all that information! Over the years, I have gotten much better with it but I’m sure there is still things I could be pulling from the reports that I am missing and might help me. So maybe videos on line to help people or workshops throughout the country. Just a suggestion!

Totally agree. However I would argue this is really not the focus of Dexcom as the provider of the Medical Equipment. This is the role of the Doctor or the Diabetes Educator.

OR FORUMS !!! Learning how other people use the data can be EXTREMELY helpful.

Dexcom needs to stay focused on building great equipment that provides accurate and reliable readings of Blood Sugars. However what those numbers mean and how the patient should use those numbers to improve their health care is so incredibly different from person to person.

Thank you very much everyone for your insights. They make me feel good about her decision. I have sent her the link to this thread.

Wish her luck! She has me cheering her on. We don’t have any medical insurance at the moment, so this would be the best of all possibilities.

I’ve dealt with both tech support and sales. In comparison to just about every other tech support dept. out there, Dexcom is by far the best.

As far as sales goes, my first order about 18 months ago was direct with Dexcom as a self funded buyer (insurance was not covering at that time) and my phone interaction felt a little like I was buying a car…there was a lot of upselling. If I ordered so many sensors I could get the receiver for X, or I could choose from various other combinations of savings by ordering multiple boxes of sensors (I ended up ordering 7 boxes which lasted about a year.). There was some fast talk that left me believing that I truly had saved several hundred dollars but left me wondering if I should have stayed on the line playing hard to get and (maybe?) saved even more. I would prefer fully transparent pricing noted on their website.

Thank you for the feedback John! That info has been shared with one of their top sales people. As for getting the correct info out to each person, I have technology experience that I’m sharing with them. Note that pricing with health insurance is always dicey, but for those paying cash, it should be straight forward.

I unconditionally agree.
Occasionally in discussion with Tech, CS or Sales I am put on hold while they check to verify something. Although I feel they should have the answer immediately available, I feel more confident that I did receive the ‘Right Stuff’.