Will Dexcom always be available?

This link takes you to DexCom's website.

During the last earnings call DexCom mentioned that 40% of their customers are on MDI. I seem to remember that half of their pump customers are using MM pumps. Thus only 30% of their customers will be able to integrate.

Good point, although surely integration will lure some MDI over to pumping. CGM and pump go so well together like peanut butter and jelly. I’m pleased to see that this is obvious to the companies involved and they are working to be able to offer integrated products, if only to stay competitive. Animas and Insulet will be able to offer an equivalent feature set as MM and Dexcom will continue to expand their name recognition.

Hi, I met with my diabetic consultant last week who was amazed at the improvement in hba1c levels since starting dexcome 7 plus 12 months ago. I voiced my concern over availability in coming years as i am on MDI. I live in UK and both CGM devices and pumps are rarely used. He is involved in research into Diabetes in Europe & US. His comment was that pumps in states have been over prescribed and there would be a 60% reduction in users over next 5 yrs. After questioning further he commented that there was now high amounts of pump errors/failings that he has been made aware and unreported by providers . Whilst Pump manufacturers would be protecting themselves against litigation concensus is pump promotion and use will be scaled back significantly. The use of CGM devices though whilst low especially in Europe would increase as benefits are widely seen. Good news for me but can empathize with current pump users. Was surprised by his comments but be interesting to be aware what happens in coming years.