Wondering if anyone has heard about this

Back in the early 80’s I went to the hospital because they diagnosed me with a terminal illness called myasthenia gravis. It’s a muscle control disorder, which would eventually spread through out all the muscles in my body. I lost muscle control in my eye first. It looked like I was winking. So they hospitalized me, and gave me steroid shots, and what not. It was horrible, and very traumatic for me. My parents, being the hippies that they are, asked them to stop the steroid shots. Anyhow, apparently I was a miracle child, and blah blah. Yeah so I regained muscle control, and I was perfectly fine.

Well my mom has been doing research on that so-called illness. And it turns out that the DPT vaccine given that year, had a bad batch. This batch had the same side effects as myasthenia gravis. So we believe that I was misdiagnosed.

But the whole point of my story is…

Later research also shows, that many of those kids given that batch of DPT have similar issues. Stunted growth, diabetes, etc. My growth wasn’t that bad, but I was a late bloomer, and I do look young. I got diabetes when I was 14 (1993).

Diabetes isn’t very common in my family. My family members that have gotten it were always type 2, and usually from drinking too much. So I do believe that I am now diabetic thanks to a bad batch of DPT shots.

I found this too: In 1976, Dr. Charles Manclark, an FDA scientist, remarked that “the DPT vaccine had one of the worst failure rates of any product submitted to the Division of Biologics for testing.”

If I ever have children, I would rather home school them, than give them this horrible shot. I can’t believe this is a required vaccine!

Just wondering if anyone had heard about this?

Avaryl:
I hadn’t heard of this, but it’s quite scary… however, with stuff like the recent Avandia/Actos scandal, almost nothing would surprise me lately when it comes down to the FDA. :frowning: