Working where i cant have jewelry on, need ID for Diabetes

@Dave44 The situation is quite different for @hb1 than it was for your wife. She is not a nurse, she works a large amount of her time in the kitchen where the emphasis is to keep foreign objects out of the food.

A piece of jewelry that accidentally falls off into a pot of food could pose a chocking hazard for someone.

I, for some reason, thought the OP was also a nurse. Thanks for the clarification, as Iā€™d never heard of the nurses being unable to wear badges and ID bracelets.

1 Like

I am also against getting a tattoo because I have just never liked tattoos. Its also against our religion, but my husband convinced me that medical tattoos wouldnā€™t be forbidden by any reasonable religion. Heā€™s more concerned about my safety than I am, lol. I am still debating whether Iā€™m willing to go through with it though. I know I can remove my pump and dexcom if I want, but a tattoo is soā€¦ permanent. I realize diabetes is also pretty permanent at this stage, but maybe the optimist in me hopes that one day theyā€™ll actually be ā€œ5 years from a cureā€.

2 Likes

We can all only hope. Thank You

The phone can be a help for anyone looking at it.

EMTā€™s usually look for the contact ICE and itā€™s number

Everyone should have the contact ICE on their phones

In Case Of Emergency

I wear silicone wrist band but the company also sells a little tag you can place on your shoe lace . Most people wouldnā€™t notice. But medical people would. Google it and see what you get. Nancy50

A temporary tattoo or just a sharpie marker. temporary tattoo pen - Google Search

Description

Safety Temporary Tattoos personalized with emergency contact information. Custom temporary tattoos letting everyone know that if your childā€™s lost, who to call. Great for family vacation or school field trip. All personalized tattoos come with the contact number of your choice. https://www.etsy.com/listing/204505172/medical-alert-tattoo-diabetic-tattoos

3 Likes

I used to write ā€œdiabeticā€ on my hand in sharpie when I went camping as a kid. I had medic alert bracelets, but I just kept losing them. Iā€™ve never considered a temporary tattoo before, but it could be useful for certain situations. I can change the bands on my current bracelet, so I made some of my own out of colored wire and beads. I just hope the paramedics recognize it as a medic alert bracelet now.