Worst Carb Meals Out There

Has anyone watched Man vs Food. I would say stay away from most of the places that shown on this show.

I love love love poutine! I swear it only appeals to people with quebequoi blood because all of my coworkers and friends (other than a fellow descendant of quebequois) think it is disgusting.

the chile cheese coney dog lots of calories its 600. OMG! after i read that in my calorie king book. i nearly flipped. Never again. Nothing againest sonic

whooooa! 600g are you serious!

she wasn’t kidding - as pulled from Sonic’s website… sad thing… I used to eat those religiously while pregnant!

oh 600 calories i thought she meant carbs haha.
thats sure a lot of sodium in that too! sheesh

I think just anything from take-aways / fast food places in general are carb loaded !!-
Chinese food = sugar in nearly all the sauces + often things in batter - think of those sweet + sour pork balls !
Indian = All that Rice + fatty sauces and all the deep fried high carb somosas in the filo pastry
Chipper = Deep fried fish in batter + all those Chips /Fries
Pizza - enough said !
What a minefield it is out there !! All gaurantee rollercoster blood sugars ! - would like to eat them all …in my dreams !

The Chinese food can really be a problem – for me, after 2 hours, I am fine. Same after 3 hours. But after 6, I can be through the roof BG-wise.

I use a dual wave on the MM and draw it out for 4 hours when I eat chinese food. Have you tried that Jonathan?

:slight_smile:

We think alike. I use a 6 hour dual wave on Chinese (I use a 2 hour on all food). What I think I really need is a second normal bolus at about the 4-5 hour mark (which, unfortunately, is around 1 am usually, so it does not happen). It’s kind of a tease – doing well for several hours and then soaring.

maybe one of those super bolus’ things I’ve seen… I’ve never tried it. I do wonder if it may work though