Wrong Readings?

I hope there are no rules against zombie posting, but I signed on specifically to see if anyone else had trouble with these meters. I just checked my bs because I was feeling a little high, and to my surprise, I'm only 130, even though I ate about an hour ago and was 101 when I got up. But since I can't trust my meter I decided to try again and this time is was 115. I seriously doubt this is accurate by what I ate and how I feel.

But the day I realized my meter was a piece of crap was when I felt like I was a little high, checked it, and nearly had a heart attack when my meter said 560 something! I immediately checked again, and this time it said 480 something, so I checked one more time and this time it was 320 something! I finally decided to correct as if it were 220 something since that's about how I felt, and still had a low a couple hours later.

This is the only meter whose strips I can afford - but I'm no better off than not testing at all if I never know if the number is accurate or not. It's bad enough that they're allowed by law to be 20% off, which theoretically can be the difference between life and death for us T1s, but mine was clearly ranging from 300-500% off.

Ugh!