XDrip and G5 transmitter battery status

Does anyone know what ideal numbers should be for voltage A, B and resistance? I just switched to a new transmitter and surprised to see the numbers are similar to my almost 6-month old transmitter which I feared was near sudden-death. The numbers are 315, 304 and 623 respectively. Did I get a dud? Just received the new transmitter last week from Dexcom.

If it fails, Dexcom will replace it. I don’t think you can discuss these technical details with their support as they don’t support 3rd party items.

Perhaps you are overthinking things a bit.

I know they will (in the first 90 days at least) but wondering if anyone can interpret what these numbers mean so that I can have a working idea of how much battery life I have left. I want to stretch these transmitters out as long as possible since I self-fund.

do they give you a break on the retail price, like MM does on pump supplies?

1 Like

They have a subscription program where you agree to buy transmitters for a year and pay per month, but it should work out cheaper with xDrip if I can get around 6 months out of a transmitter.

1 Like

Call out to @doc77

@Tim35 This is what jamOrham says about resistance and voltage:

Lower internal resistance means it can push more power and is generally better, that figure can be used to assess some battery health but more usefully the quality of any battery replacement. We mark >1400 resistance as bad, >1000 as questionable and <750 as great. voltage a < 300 is marked as bad, voltage b < 290 is marked as bad
1 Like

@Scott_Eric You might look at the thread in FUD which talks about this very subject. The user in that thread went all the way down to 287/297 before XDrip show low voltage warnings in red.

Is that the transmitter battery status… <750 is great?