Yia sas

yia sas is the greek word for saying hellow,goodbye and cheers…it means,to your health…i live in athens greece and i have T1 since 2004…it appearred as a side effect from a medicine my doctors gave me to cure another health problem i had…noone in my family had or has it…some doctors said i would have been appeared anyway,that diabetes was sleeping in my body…some others said it would go away…but it did not…now i ve learned to live with it and in a way it changed my life for the best…i love waterski…does anybody among you skiing?..i now have a dog which is the best companion for long walks…allthough i drive a car and a motorbike i try to walk to the places i want to go if this is possible…i get a lot of help and understanding from the people i work with,my job demands full days including weekends and a lot of pressure…those periods are difficult bacause whatever i do my bloodsugar levels are high due to my anxious self{i try to work on that)… but i have long periods,since october this year untill may next year that i don t have to work and that helps…i live alone which is not good for someone with diabetes but i m lucky to have a lot of good friends and a great neighbour who cooks delicious soups… my best friend really save my life by taking me to the hospital just before i would enter at a ketoxeosis koma as the doctors said…i stayed 2 days at the er my bloodsugar was 600…now i face life more as a gift that i have to precious everyday…