Yikes! My Endo caught me!

She’s got her eye on you now, watch out!

Ya I know!! I have enough eyes on me!!! you know the Diabetes Cops

We’re a small town, Ahmad… lol Can’t really get away with much, here! hehe

LOL

Yup caught me at the downtown Fareway store

I live like right next door to that Fareway store! lol

You need those non-diet sodas in case of lows!

I am glad that I live several hours away from my doctors. Remind me if I ever move to not move close to any of my doctors. An ex-PCP had her office in the same plaza as the grocery store I used to get my Ben & Jerrys at - I always used to worry about bumping into her while I was in line!

Good last line there, yep ya just never know!

I have one true story much worse, and I do mean MUCH worse…

I took my 3 boys to scout camp years ago (2 weeks before a scheduled surgery) for a long weekend. Guess who was there with HIS son? Yep that’s right my famdoc! I was already under ORDERS to carry a tube of cake frosting jsut in case by the camp.

For that whole weekend I could not even look at Applejacks cereal or anything w/o my doctors eagle eye glancing my way. I swear it seemd at least no matter what I did or where I went at the camp, he was not far. Talk about a camp out or weekend that will forever be burnned into my memory banks!

Back then he managed my diabetes care, I did not see an endo back then, so he was it. He was a good caring doc, faught with my wife over getting my first glucometer (she wanted a police scanner). He did not say much about what I ate or did, all he had to do was glance at me with his egale eye. (spoke louder than words.

Gomer

Wow… that’s terrible.

Try going to boy scout summer camp w/ur 3 sons
guess WHO was there with his son??

…none other than my fam doc! I could not eve look at a food w/o doc and his EAGLE eye

Not just either, every move , he was never far.

Gomer

HA! I work literally in the building next door to my endos office, and there is a common cafe where everyone goes to eat (only place around). I have seen my CDE there multiple times, and it always gives me pause when i am selecting my lunch, although almost nothing there is healthy anyway!

LOL just tell him you took extra insulin

LOL - we’re only human - and heck - I would have been double dipping into your sundae (actually I would have snatched it from you and started running - wait - I hate exercise what am I saying here? LOL).
I’ve seen my endo a few times in a bar I go to once in awhile - where I will consume large amounts of beer and hamburger/chips - carbs, carbs, carbs. The first time I saw him there, I was abit nervous. Went up to the bar and bought him a beer (he said I didn’t have to - but I was trying to soften him up). Since then, I don’t give a flying rats ■■■. I am what I am! Glug, glug, lick the ice cream spoon, etc. etc. \^^//

OMG!!! Ice cream is my weakness and that one looks reeeeaaaaalllly good! I agree with the person that said you should have said you were holding it for someone else…unless you were taking a big bite of it. LOL This was too funny. :slight_smile:

This was more than a year ago, couple of updated to add that I was embarrassed with the DOCs.

I was buying things for a dinner invitation, my cart had 10 LTRs of Coke and 2 LTRs of Diet Coke…My doctor was shopping at the same place and we passed by…“Hope you are not drinking these by your self…” I answered “No…No…it is for a feast!”" …That was the stupidest answer ever…a FEAST!!

P.S.: am not a big diet coke drinker…Ya they will believe me!

I had noticed that it was a year later, but even a year later it’s still as funny. Eh, feast…party, I’m sure the doc was too distracted by the loads of sugar in your cart to notice the word feast. chuckle Btw, was this the same day or a different time? If these are two separate occasions, I’d consider switching stores or docs. Who needs that kind of pressure?!

HeHeHe…No worries it wasn’t the same day nor the same store!

Beside it is good to have the feeling that an eye of a big brother watching!! ;o)

I love this story! Too funny sounds like you have my luck! Lol.