You have to do, what you have to do. No apologies should be necessary

If I had a nickel for every time I have apologized (for managing my hypoglycemia, for example) for taking care of myself and relieving others of the burden of doing so...I'd be a rich, rich man.

And yet I often believe many of us feel this undeserved burden of guilt, because of the perception, among others, and more importantly ourselves, that diabetes, especially T1D, is largely about self management, thereby, resulting in the mistaken belief that if we had done something different, or worse, "better," we wouldn't be in whatever predicament we get into. I think we find this perception pervasive even among ourselves.

Is it necessary for us to accept the perception of ourselves, as others see us, as if it's a fact? Is there not a new way of having the public perceive us? A Third Way? I'd like to hear your opinions.

i think others see me as strong, sure of myself, caring for myself, & if some people see me as selfish, they know nothing about T1.......what it takes to be & stay well.

YES! But sadly, I'd be rich tooo.....

I’d never have to play the lottery again! It’s majorly annoying that so many people know the answer to my diabetic life, my lows, and how to manage it all.