. . . you just might be diabetic

Along the same lines as “This sentence is for you . . .”

If you can draw blood from your fingertips without lancing them first . . .

. . . you just might be diabetic.

If you are frequently asked “Should you be eating that?” . . .

. . . you just might be diabetic.

Terry

Here’s one…If you know what your bs is suppost to run all the time before and after meals you just might be a diabetic. I mean since the average healthy person has no idea of what bs is!

If your “being high” has nothing to do with illicit drug use - you just might be a diabetic.

If you know what hemoglobin A1c means - you just might be a diabetic.

if shooting yourself has nothing to do with suicide…you just might be a diabetic.

if counting and measuring carbs multiple times daily is one of your favourite hobbies…you just might be a diabetic.

If you get as big an illicit thrill as if you were attending an orgy when you eat a large piece of cake with icing

. . . you might just be diabetic

If you’re dining out and you pull out your calculator BEFORE you eat . . . you just might be diabetic.

If you constantly hear “counting carbs is SO Last Week” . . . you just might be diabetic.

If you find blood testing strips in the lint screen of your dryer . . .

If you say “It’s not a beeper/cell phone/other” more than once a month - you just might be diabetic.

Now Jenny how would you know about illicit thrills associated with attending an orgy?

If you know the difference between Type 1 and Type 2, you just might be a diabetic.

If you are aware of the “controversary” concerning addressing one as “having diabetes” or “being a diabetic”, you just might be a diabetic (or have diabetes).

If you know Manny Hernandez, you just might be a diabetic.

if you have memorized carb counts to random things, like goldfish crackers and spaghettios

you tell your child to not eat the dog food cause you don’t know how many carbs are in it

your sheets are rainbow from glucose gels and other low treatments with splashes of blood from testing…you might be diabetic!

I read widely.

when you frequently test your bg during finals because you are “shaking” only to realize its just all the expresso and coffee you drank to stay awake…you just might be diabetic

If your “shooting up” actually keeps you alive, you just might be diabetic.
If you get “you’re so brave” looks every time you test or inject, you just might be diabetic.

It was the 70s, man, you had to be there.

I was there–commune, music scene and all. Never ran into an orgy. Figured they must be something straight suburbanites were into.

if you have sources of carb and/or sugar stashed all over your car, workspace, bag, purse, bedroom, dorm room, and kitchen…you just might be a diabetic.

If your first thought after running 3.1 miles is not “What’s my time?” but “What’s my blood sugar?” . . . you just might be diabetic.

Man, I hate that. Kinda good to know I’m not the only one. LMAO.

You know I never even thought about the dog food thing! That’s really funny! Thanks for the laugh!!!

Of course, when someone loses the pot of keys. :wink: