You know you are diabetic when you

Go to get something out of the fridge and see there is something red on the refrigerator handle… Wonder what it is and realize it is blood. Must have been my finger was still bleeding after I checked my blood sugar and it got all over the fridge handle…

You see a food commercial on the fridge and instally think " Wow, I wonder what the carbs are for that!"

you see someone sweating and you run and pop a glucose tab in their mouth

You might want to check this previous discusssion about the same topic.

https://forum.tudiabetes.org/topics/you-know-youre-a-diabetic-when?commentId=583967%3AComment%3A362044

There were 90+ pages of replies. Some are hysterical!

When you’re out in public with friends or family and you tell them your high. Watch the faces of people standing near by.lol. I didn’t realize how crazy it must sound to other people until I was with my boyfriend in the grocery store one day and he asked me if I was ok. Not thinking anything of it I just said, “I think I’m a little high”. He laughed and said great if any one heard that they’re going to think we do drugs. I laughed and said" I do…Insulin".lol

How many shirts have been ruined by bleeding injection sites? :_) When I went on my pump, my partner’s first comments were" “wow, no more bloodstains on your shirts.”

You see someone just eat something quick and you think “They didn’t count the carbs, they didn’t check their BS, they didn’t bolus for that. They didn’t worry about that their blood sugar is 2 hours after that or did they count the carbs right.”

Spontaneous enjoyment of food? I seem to remember that! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh, I know that feeling! I one of my coworkers snacking on some potato chips while she was working last night. I had that “she didn’t take insulin for that” feeling.

Another one, that I try not to think about, is pricking our fingers over and over again with a used lancet and not thinking anything of it. I mean, really, that’s kind of gross. My lancet has been used well over 700 times!!

Or just are always finding the odd blood spot here ‘n’ there: bed linens, a shirt, undies.

I often think of those CSI shows where they use a black light and all the blood spatter shines out where the culprit thought he’d washed it away. If that happens in my house I am so busted.

1 Like

when i am feeling low on a subway and i whip out my BG meter and test my BGs in front of a crowded car of everyday people,and they look at me in shock.