You know you're a diabetic when

…when the first thing you do in the morning and the last thing you do at night is check out TuDiabetes.

6 Likes

i found one in my cat poop. 1st i was like did he eat it.

Way true! :smiley_cat:

1 Like

ok this, is how i know, i’m, one,.

welcome to my, graveyard of, my d-stuff,.

1 Like

when candy=safety

2 Likes

when everyone is telling you what they think you should and shouldn’t eat

And it’s not even candy I’d have chosen to eat in my pre-D life!! But now it tastes pretty good, eh? :smile_cat:

1 Like

I hate glucose tabs, I buy them but I hate them. One of the things I eat for lows is Mini York Bars–I don’t like them as much as I once did…

1 Like

Someone was saying on here the other day (on another post) that they use hersheys chocolate
syrup in milk. That’s a new one for me. I’ll probably try it next time I have a low. I’ve also used
cotton candy. I know, those glucose tablets are horrible.

I’ve always heard chocolate isn’t such a great choice for a severe low because the fat slows down the glucose getting into your system, as compared to OJ. But yeah, given the choice I’d opt for it over glucose tabs.

1 Like

My theory is that they deliberately make 'em taste like flavored chalk so there’s no temptation to eat them just for fun. If so, it works.

5 Likes

This is exactly why I use them instead of something more palatable. No temptation.

1 Like

When you’re googling others experience when you haven’t been to a movie in a year about bolusing for popcorn you WILL have tonight.

1 Like

HAHA! I love this one!

When you find test strips in the shower…

1 Like

When your non-diabetic officemate questions why you have less food than him:

Him: 'but you’re the diabetic…'
Me: 'It’s because I’m the diabetic’
Him: ‘Oh, yeah’
:smirk:

If your daughter is in “low denial”…one of the tricks my husband and coworkers have learned to confirm I’m low, but still arguing “I’m fine, I don’t need to test”, is they ask me a simple multiplication question. If I can’t just answer quickly, time for the glucose tabs.

1 Like