You think?

I mean higher copays overall. $35 is the limit for the insulin, yes. But next year when you get your new insurance prospectus, you’ll see your office visit copays have gone up from $20 to $35 each. (Random numbers being used here, but you get the point). Yes the insulin itself will be limited, but they will make it back elsewhere.

Yes, if the cost isn’t controlled. However this is actually a part of the bill @mohe0001 posted from July. I’m not sure exactly how it would work (the summary is linked in one of my comments above), but if the cost of insulin from drug companies is limited then insurance companies wouldn’t pass on that excess cost. The removal of rebates would, at a minimum, create a lot more transparency.

But yeah, there’s a chance someone might pay $15 more to see the doctor or premiums go up by a few dollars since the cost for insulin over the $35 copay is spread over the population in the plan rather than passed to the person with diabetes.

I just like the idea of hitting the insurers over the head with a stick. They will bounce back, but I find it enjoyable to swing a stick at the them anyway. They hit me with sticks all the time.

They are passing different laws to allow them access to more data. Those are baby steps towards being able to prove price gouging maybe eventually. That’s why they have new PBM legislation - to improve transparency. They pulled pharma to testify a couple years ago. They need to hit different organizations with a bunch of bunch of different sticks.

Guy at the Mayo says it is easiest to prove market fixing with insulin. That’s why they do that first. They set a precedent and then move to hit the price of cancer drugs with a stick.

Meanwhile, a different Mayo guy says he thinks FDA might be DE-regulating software used in medical devices. I feel like that’s already unregulated. I’m gearing up to swing sticks at that, some years from now, if it becomes necessary.

It’s true. They are finally addressing this issue. Has anyone ever considered why that Eli Lilly factory producing insulin is so big? There are diabetics rationing their insulin because they cant afford it. And dying alone with no insulin in sight. This is a shame. And hopefully this problem will go away for good.

I pay 20 copay for insulin. But i also pay an umbrella once a year of $100. My visits to the doctor are 40 with copay.

Well, i have bought insulin a few times at regular cost. Because i had to. I think the old vials of R, were around $30 years ago, i think now they’re around $60. And a bag of 10 syringes was maybe a few bucks, which you could buy anytime due to a measure to prevent heroin addicts from sharing needles. But the quickpens, the humalog, the novolog, the lantus stuff, those things are like hundreds of dollars regular cost. I did not buy those regular cost. That would wipe me out.

[post content deleted by author]

1 Like