Your motivation

I think you ought to learn to clean skeletons (via dermestid beetles), and gather a collection of small animal skulls, and then there would always be one to crack open when you feel like it, LOL!! I have a friend that does that with small animal skeletons, and she has 2 colonies of beetles, which she keeps warm on the pilot light of her stove. But she collects them, and doesn't crack them! :-)

I told her that if I REALLY had my druthers, I would donate my body to her when I die, and she could clean it down to the skeleton, and keep it in her closet. Then she'd be the only one in the world who had a REAL skeleton in her closet! :-)

Am I bordering on the morbid today?

Fear of being like some of my patients, who through lack of education or denial, regularly had bs numbers that were off the meter. The complications that were brought on by this were terrible.

My biggest motivation? Just to keep challenging myself. I see life like one long University education that I never had - Richard Branson

1 Like

I had an old friend. He had been a blind piano tuner in real life, but he finally made it to a nursing home. I used to visit nursing homes as a volunteer and I met him there. He was diabetic and his feet were blue. He was very lonely and he asked me to keep coming back. So I did. We would just sit quietly and talk in his room.

One time I went to the nursing home and he had been taken to the hospital. I went to the hospital and the nurses told me he had died the night before.

The things I will always remember, besides the idea that I don’t want to be an angry old curmudgeon in my old age, were his blue feet. They motivate me.

3 Likes