Zocor Causing Elevated Blood Sugars?

About a week ago my doctor put me on 80mg of Zocor for high cholesterol. Since then I have had elevated blood sugar levels.

I’m wondering if this could be caused by the Zocor. I’ve also been feeling like I’m fighting off some kind of sickness, so this could be the problem, but I’m wondering about the Zocor.

I have been taking Zocor for many years and it has not caused me that kind of problem. It has decreased my cholesterol from 280+ to 120+. It has been very good for me. I hope it will be good for you too.

Richard

Wow! I’m on 5mg and I haven’t had problems with it. You definitely should talk to your doctor. Good luck!

I have been on Vytorin [Zetia 10mg/Zocor 40mg]. no problems with blood sugars but my cholesterol went from 260 to 145.

I take 10mg of Zocor and it has not raised my BG. If you are getting rid of some sickness I would be more inclined to attribute the rise in BG to that more so than the Zocor.

I’m on 80mg of Zocor been on it for 3 years now and it works great for me never had any problems with being on it. Zocor shouldn’t raise your blood sugars. if anything it can give you mucles problems. Zocor can cause a condition that results in the breakdown of skeletal muscle tissue, which can cause you to have muscle weakness and tenderness. Zocor can also cause you to have flu like symptoms.