1-July-09 ~ 初めてです

I’ve often tried to keep journals/blogs both online or in notebooks, but was never very consistent…though I wanted to start one here in order to keep a sort of record of progress I make and perhaps to sort through things too.

I’m usually a pump user, but since last Friday, I’ve been disconnected and using Lantus/novolog. I initially stopped using it because I was planning on going out with friends and the usual place I keep the pump makes it too conspicuous… I know a lot of people don’t really care about it showing/not showing…but comments from close friends have made me not want to make it too prominent…

Since finding this site earlier this year…I feel like I’ve find some more motivation and have gotten a better handle on things…it’s really good to read about other’s experiences that are so unique to being diabetic (very hard to describe how a low/high feels physically…let alone try to discuss how this impacts one emotionally unless they’ve experienced it)

To date, I’ve somehow managed to survive w/o known complications after 22 years…for which i’m very grateful …because I think a large part of it is really good genes… For my first decade or so, I had good control (or at least what the time period allowed us to have) probably because I was young so life in general was not that complicated, I didn’t carry all of the responsibility of managing it…but since high school years…well it’s been complicated… though now I’ve really been trying to get back on track…

Awhile ago I stopped checking more than once a day and had days where I wouldn’t check at all…now I do check at least once though aim for 4 times and eventually working up to doing 1 or 2 hr pps…somehow it’s so hard to find the motivation or once I start testing I feel like I can’t stop…
soo… maybe one golden start for reaching 4 tests today?