2007 AACE Guidelines for Diabetes Managment

This isn’t really a discussion topic, per se, but I thought many might find this interesting.

Here is a link to the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists Medical Guidelines for Diabetes Management (warning: this is a large .pdf file so you will need Adobe Acrobat or another program to read it).

These guidelines are intended for physicians, so I’ll warn you that the document is complex. But, if you’re a person who likes to be up to date on all the research, this is the document to have. The footnotes at the end of each section provide reference to all of the supporting research publications for all of the guidelines.

Its not much of a discussion topic, but if anybody sees anything worth mentioning in the document, I’d be excited to talk about it!

*I think it goes without saying, but do not change your current treatment plan based on anything you see here without talking with your diabetes care professional first.

Tim,

You may want to correct the link to include the “http://” . Without it, the link is broke.

thanks so much! Its fixed!