40 this Saturday and latest IUI cycle failed

I am sad today.

My 4th IUI cycle has failed and I am going to be 40 on Saturday. Psychologically I had really been hoping to be pregnant before I hit that 40. Waiting to hear back from the Obe what our protocol will be for the next cycle.

I am confident that I will get pregnant (gotta be positive) and have a baby. But it is all getting so complicated.....

Everytime I get a bs reading above 120 I feel that is the reason I haven't been successful. Ie. it's what I'm doing wrong! This is sure getting obsessive complusive. This whole TTC thing is so stressful!

Fingers crossed that the next cycle will be the one.

I can relate to the psychological aspect and expectations I just turned 30 and they’ve halted all treatment for the time being :0/
PMA and confidence is a good thing and the odd ‘number out of range’ is not in my humble opinion going to be catastrophic, it’s just trying to relax and do the best you can, it’s so easy to become a bit OCD with it all, I know I do, in the mean time while you’re waiting try and do some pampering/relaxing stuff to destress.

Fingers crossed next time is the one for you hon x

So sorry to hear this Sally. Hoping for the best!

How is your thyroid? I saw that you have hypothyroidism – are you FT3 anf FT4 levels OK?

My mother was not able to get pregnant for years – it turned out that she has undiagnosed hypothyroidism (but she did not know that was the reason). It was diagnosed and treated and she was pregnant at 46. Completely healthy pregnancy and little girl! Only after she was pregnant did the picture come together that underactive thyroid was preventing pregnancy earlier.

I can definitely relate, Sally. I’ve been TTC #1 for nearly three years. I’ve had two failed IUIs and had to skip this month due to ovarian cysts (likely caused by the fertility meds). I’m 36 years old.

I have done my best to maintain good control, but it doesn’t always work the way we want it to. Every month, it gets a little harder to keep going.

Are you considering IVF? That’s probably my next step. Also, has your husband’s sperm been analyzed? Have you been to a reproductive endocrinologist? It might be worth considering if you haven’t already done so.

Hey hon, they stopped my Clomid (tablets) as I am a poor responder only one in 6 cycles. They want to start me on injections but first my OH has to do another sample (more nhs box ticking, that seems completely pointless, seeing as the one cycle I produced a follicle I got PG ) Ho hum we’ll get there. x x x

Wishing success for you. And strength and positive thoughts for you regardless of the outcome. :smiley:

Really hoping that this is it for you Sally!