670G just tried to kill me tonight!

Did your pump kick you out of automode since you didn’t hear the low alerts? I think it does that. After a min delivery or max delivery of 1 or 2 hours it cuts back to basal rates. Though you should have still had “suspend low” on. That only kicks on at 60 though. So you were only under the suspend threshold by 3 points.

Check your settings. What are your targets? What was your suspend alert set to do? How loud are your alerts? Then if you have outside those settings I’d call a Medtronic customer service. Sometimes technology fails. They’ve already replaced mine because the buttons stopped functioning properly. They’ll overnight you a new pump for free. They are great to work with.

Sounds like you might want to call your Endo and potentially get in with a certified pump trainer too.

Hope you are feeling better. And I hope you don’t ever have to have an ambulance called for a hypo incident. It happens though. Even on a pump. Sometimes our bodies don’t do what we expect them too. Especially if you are still creating some insulin. :blush:

Hi. Found your post because I’ve been looking to see if there is an existing class action lawsuit against Medtronic for this issue… Everyone was pretty dismissive on here it seems but I’ve experienced the same thing on May 14. I would have had a seizure and likely gone into a coma if I was single, but my husband saved my life. My sugar was in the 20s, pump was alarming about lows but I was barely coherent enough to get my husband to wake up to help. He ended up bringing me juice 4 different times. Every time my sugar got back up to 60, my 670g Medtronic pump started microdosing me with a straight line of pink dots, as if I were 300…it would NOT let me get above 60. I can’t access the memory of my pump for the two weeks around that incident and neither can my doctor- as in, they can go back in my pumps memory and see back to the beginning of May, but there’s a two week empty spot in it’s memory for two weeks around the 14… Weird right?? It happened on a Friday night- if I was still single, I would have laid in my bed till probably Tues when my boss would finally start to seriously wonder where I was. Really scary to think about. DEFINITELY a malfunction. Trying to find out how much this has happened to others but all I find is recalls about that retainer lock issue… Not really sure what my next steps need to be, but I definitely don’t want to keep using this pump anymore.

Yikes taht sounds like a big problem, and I wouldn’t use it either. There must be an algorithmic issue.
I used Medtronic pumps for 20 years with almost no issue, but he sensors were more trouble than I was willing to deal with.
This doesn’t sound like a sensor issue though.

I use a tandem with a g6 sensor. I go to bed in the 80s sometimes and I don’t worry about going low.
Back before I got this system, I wouldn’t go to bed unless I was over 120.

Medtronic should replace your pump, I wouldn’t be able to trust this one.