A funny thought about pumps

In class today, I had a funny thought. I was remembering a discussion I’d had with my teacher for that class, letting him know why I wanted exam accommodations. I don’t usually tell anyone I’m diabetic (I’m well managed, very self aware of highs and lows, and if I share this information, I risk the chance of funny treatment/discrimination, which I have experienced several times, so ;-P). I showed him my minimed pump and he said “It looks just like a pager!”

I’ve been getting really irritated with all the little alarms lately. Yeah, I know it’s time to check BG, you little @#$@)($, I actually checked five minutes ago and you’re too dumb to autoclear alerts, I think to my pump often. Don’t misunderstand me–it’s helping alot, but I still like to blame it for anything annoying.

Then I put two and two together. My blood is this complete jerk who keeps pages me during class, ignores my texts to quit it (inputting stuff on the pump) and won’t stop! I seriously need to get a restraining order or something :open_mouth:

(Just thought I’d share this, it made me crack a smile…on the bus too. Nothing makes you feel less conspicuous than suddenly laughing when you’re sitting all alone…)

I do it at my desk a lot (really lol). I then think, oh @$%& they know Im seeing something funny! Back to work!

Haha. The bus is awesome because you give off that ‘crazy homeless person’ vibe. I’ve seen quite a few cackling about nothing… o.O

Humor! Thats like asking random questions. We have these people who drive around with large ads on their cars saying “loose weight now, ask me how!” So I always like to ask. =^D

lol, I wear this t-shirt that has an enlarged nametag on the front and says “Ask me about…Being awesome!”

And you know what? People do! They say ‘What’s it like?’ I’ll blink at them (having forgotten about shirt) and be like ‘HUH?’ So they say ‘Being awesome…’

My standard response is: “It’s awesome!” XD

LMAO! Ive got to get one of those!