Another disappointing report regarding donations to JDRF

Tim, I think knowledgeable people (like the commenters) might be thinking that research for quality of life can be funded by other non-profits or for profits (like the tech companies) and they would prefer that JDRF re-focus. Everybody has perspective and that influences their donations and their satisfaction with the recipient organization.

Research for or towards a cure is the #1 concern for me for various reasons…the biggest reason is I am 61 years old and want either a cure or a true artificial pancreas to be ready when my old age symptoms kick in. I am guessing maybe in the next 15-20 years I will need something other than self management based on the progression of health issues I’ve observed in my elderly parents (one died at 98, one is still walking but has memory loss issues at 98). Back when they were in their 80’s, they already had enough old age issues that probably would have kicked a self-managing Type 1 diabetic into the grave. I would like my diabetes to be either cured or managed by technology before I’m 80.

This is nothing new. I stopped supporting JDRF awhile ago. Instead I have chosen to donate to Diabetes Research Connection, as well as summer camps for T1 kids. #typeonelookslikeme