Anyone else here into astrology?

Just wondering if anyone else on here is into astrology? I find the personality/psychology aspect of it fascinating.

I am a Virgo Sun, Scorpio Rising and Moon in Sagittarius.

People say my eyes look intense and Scorpio RIsing are supposed to have the "power to recover from economic, mental and physical problems that would be overwhelming for someone else" which I find interesting (esp. lately with my financial problems and my diagnosis 4 months ago) as I am finding out I am stronger a person than I thought - now I know why!

And my Virgo and Scorpio lend to my tremendous willpower and interest in health and I rarely give up. So maybe I have a a good combo for dealing with this dis-ease! :)

I am an Aquarius-seeker of knowledge…and that is me!

I think that Chinese Astrology - Zodiac Signs & Yearly Calendar is more interesting and easier.
That is, finding one’s fate, personality traits and who is compatible with you in the Chinese zodiac.

Virgo, with no idea what planet is rising, falling, or in line for colliding with some as yet unnamed star…

Rat, too.

Which I guess makes me a perfectionist scavenger.

Diabetes sucks but may your Virgo Sun will help with the details and the math-oriented nature of managing!

I find if I dig into it a bit, most of these systems have validity, whether Western or Chinese astrology. The Enneagram system is good, too.

Yes, my Enneagram profile is 5. My Strong Inventory was spot on, too. But how do you find your “match,” unless you ask the intended to undergo the test?

Check out free will astrology. It is the best. The week of my diagnosis my reading was all about blood, the color red and sugar.

http://www.freewillastrology.com/horoscopes/

Cute Duck! (hey why aren’t you a Duck instead of a Monkey? LOL)

In order to get really precise and more depth analysis, one must look at their precise natal chart in Western Astrology. Sun sign astrology is just hitting the top of the barrel and doesn’t really tell us much. Having the full natal chart with planets, signs, houses and aspects is much more indepth. Chinese astrology doesn’t go into that much depth.

For compatiablity, you can run a synastry against two peoples natal charts to see if there is a match.

But some astrologers say that Vedic astrology (which comes from India) is the best “matchmaking” astrology. They use it to arrange marriages in India apparently and it is usually successful.

In Western Astrology, you need to know the person exact time and place of birth and your own as well than you can run a synastry reading against the two chart and see where you match (or do not) match up. They don’t need to undergo a test but you just need to sneaky find out their birth info. :slight_smile:

Wait, what did you do to the top of the head of your duck picture?

Marriages are successful not due to astrology. It all boils down to do you want to stay with your spouse or not.If i don’t want to there is no requirement.

Vedic astrology is a very abstract science and marriages in India are successful not because of it, but because divorce is considered taboo and so is not usually considered an option.

Vedic astrology is only accurate if the person’s precise time of birth is known. 50 years ago most people did not have watches and so no precise time keeping was done when it came to births and for that matter many people never recorded their date of birth. So i do not think there is any relation ship between vedic astrology and success of arranged marriages in India.

and by the way i am an Indian. Just thought of sharing this info.

Thanks Chris. Yes, you must have the exact time for it won’t work right. I don’t study Vedic astrology but that is just what I heard.

I didn’t say marriages were succesful due to the astrology (one still needs to have good relationship skils) I said they have used it to get good marriage matches succesfully.

OMG! I totally MISSED that! Duck, that is hilarous! I love it! LMAO!

Love your “Punk” Duck look! Mr ‘D’ (instead of Mr. T - haha that fits diabetes too) :slight_smile:

Your duck looks pissed off. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Were you watching “A-Team” reruns tonight or something Duck? :slight_smile:

ROTFL! I love it. That is my big laugh before I go to sleep! :slight_smile: (now, I won’t be able to sleep because I’ll be laughing too hard though! :slight_smile: )

LOL, I’m a Virgo Rabbit…

I have a friend that is an astrologer and she wrote an article about my chart specifically looking at diabetes markers. I put her article on my blog if you want to take a look at it. I thought it was interesting that I have markers for stomach issues & I have gastroparesis (and she wrote this 7 years after I was diagnosed with that). According to her, my kidneys should be good!

http://kellywpa.wordpress.com/2010/07/15/diabetes-and-astrology-by-nic-gaudette/

Wow, your planets are scattered almost evenly! Have you had many (many, many) interests in your life? I imagine your Taurus Sun helps counteract the scatter. Multiple people in my family have their Moon in the 12th house and they say it is hard to sleep at night as if the mind won’t rest and the line between conscious and unconscious is not distinct.

Buddy Holly as a lumberjack?

For what it’s worth, Libra sun, Leo moon, Cancer ascendent. In Chinese astrology, Fire Sheep.