Anyone figure out a way to OPT OUT of the endless "confirmation" steps on the new PDM?

It keeps beeping and/or vibrating depending on your settings. It also either keeps the screen on or keeps turning the screen on every once in a while. It's a big battery drain if you just ignore it all night, especially with the vibration feature.

I just take the batteries out of the pdm if I change the pod before bed so I don't have to deal with it until morning.

Indolent, I'm doing the same thing but injecting the remaining insulin in the syringe back into the bottle so as not to waste any insulin.

Ahh, yeah, that makes sense. :)

Excellent idea; thank you!

That's perfect, thank you!

I've lost a few strips because of this as well and this is the first pump I've had. Although, in my defense, was quite use to testing, without having to confirm myself.

This is something I'm gonna do...thks

I guess I'm also a big whiner, Cause I HATE that future. I understand the need for it. But all omnipod (insulet corp.) had to do to solve this was to make a setting to turn it on or off as needed, but I guess that was too hard for them! There's absolutely no need for me to have to confirmed I'm ME every single time I need to use my PDM.

Speaking of settings, I'm top of the above issue, I'm also frustrated by;
1. The stupid confirmation 1.5 hours later after pod change.
2. Having to confirmed I'm me after strip insertion, which have cause me many strips to be wasted...
3. The short needle is annoying, but I think its easier to inject into the new pod than was the older ones.

Yeah, but it's a legal/nanny state thing...just one person has to screw up or die from it and then they have problems.

I really think they screwed up with BG testing though. It needs to work like a standard meter, and when someone is low and their functioning is not 100%, making them deal with a confirmation screen can be dangerous. They'll likely not notice until they've tried testing, then they have to play with the screen and retest. I have zero tolerance for a meter that isn't quick and convenient.

I don't even bother with the Omnipod BG meter. I test too many times which makes the meter a battery drain. The meter in the pod never showed itself to be as consistent, accurate, or precise as my Accucheck anyway. I would rather have accuracy and reliability over convenience in this case.

From my perspective, however, we are discussing definitively First World problems. Yeah, they are inconveniences nonetheless and I can understand the frustration.

Still, if I'm going to wish for stuff, I'm going to reserve the possibility of magical intervention for a real solution to my diabetes problems, like, wishing I could live my life without diabetes in the first place. Then, I can start wishing for things like winning the lottery or my own Lamborghini to materialize in my driveway.

A few less buttons to push? Not so much.

I'm not sure how the meter could be much of a battery drain. I test 9 or 10 times a day and the battery meter is still half full after a little over a month of use.
The initial problems with accuracy of the new butterfly strips has disappeared for me as well. I haven't had any problems in that regard in a long time.

I should clarify that I'm talking about the older PDM, not the new one. Maybe more efficient use of the battery is one of the perks in the newer PDM. The nice thing about the new PDM is that the battery life indicator just works a lot better. On the old one, the more I used the meter, the faster the battery drained. I tested 10 times or more a day and the drain was noticeable.

At this point, I just prefer my Accucheck over the PDM Freestyle. Not a complaint as much as it is a personal observation.

Yeah, I found the pod meter with those strips very accurate. Test-retest was usually about 1 units apart (and where it should have been relative to my other meters). Oddly, the freestyle meter they mailed me seemed unreliable.

For me being able to have the PDM replace my BG meter is an important feature in my decision to stick with pods instead of going back to MDI or go with a different pump system.

After three weeks with the new system, I feel pretty confident saying I despise the new PDM for three reasons: (1) mandatory identity confirmation for every interaction with the PDM, (2) too many pointless screens for every procedure, and (3) the dreadful 90 minute post-prime blood sugar testing alarm, which has woken me up twice now (I now hide the PDM in a clothes drawer when I change a pod less than 90 minutes before going to bed).

My guess is that these “improvements” were FDA mandated, but I really hate them. The old PDM was much better.

This sort of behavior is not appropriate for this particular community.

I agree completely - plus I have yet to figure out where they hid the Temporary Basal feature, something I use all the time.

The Temp Basal is “hidden” on the Home Screen. When you confirm your name, you get to the Status Screen. You press the left hand button under the screen to get to the home screen.

LOL. Made me wonder... did people have problems grabbing the wrong PDM? Is that why we need to confirm so often. Makes me want to take my name off and put "YOU ARE FABULOUS"! instead!

LOL. Belinda thanks. This cracked me up. Many families DO have multiple podders. I never thought about someone bolusing someone else. Horrors!! I might change my name to "YOU ARE FABULOUS" instead. Have a great day. Booo whiners. Love my new micropods.

What's stopping you! I know a girl who changes it to leave messages for her mom. Caleb changes it too - alternate names for him just to make me giggle when I pick it up! :)