Anyone figure out a way to OPT OUT of the endless "confirmation" steps on the new PDM?

My daughter is very happy to FINALLY get her new Omnipod but the PDM is proving to have a number of new steps to take to give a simple bolus or take a bg reading. Has anyone figured out a way to bypass these steps? Really do we have to confirm our name each and every time? And now to give a bolus it seems I need to push the button about six times! I am looking for the improvement but all I see is what appears to me to be non-user-friendly steps added which make simple daily actions take longer and be more difficult to execute (especially as a mom at 3am in the dark!) Has anyone figured out any way to get past some of these? Thanks all.

I haven't. I suggest we all complain loudly and vigorously to Insulet.

It's also trouble for those of us who are adults.... when the CGM goes off at 3AM and you are trying to do a fingerstick , this is a real pain. I have wasted several strips
by putting the blood on before hitting confirm.

This is going to hurt people more than it helps.

I suggest you roll with it. In situations where a PDM is lost & the owner needs to prove it’s theirs; In multiple OmniPod households where people don’t want to accidentally bolus someone else, or have their data messing up someone’s stats… It’s brilliant.

You complain until you get it, then you complain when you do

It’s a humble medical device, it’s not perfect… nothing is!

Please someone start a group for Whiney podders, as this is getting tedious already!

The new confirmation steps are extremely annoying. I would love to figure out how to opt out of them, if possible, but I learn to roll with it if I can’t.

Oh please.... I am not a whiney podder... I am one of its biggest fans and all my prior posts on the pod have been largely positive. At this point I would not switch to any other pump.

There simply should be a way to selectively activate feature. The old PDM had
the ability to put ID information in it already. The feature could be there for multi-pod households or for Diabetes Camp, but for the majority of us who are the only person in the house, we could turn it off.

I reached out via this forum to ask a question, share my frustration, not whine. I haven't logged onto tudiabetes for over a year. Your reply that my post is "tedious" is really discouraging. I'm sorry you feel that way but it was my understanding that this was a forum to help and support each other.

I have been using the old pod since 2010. I just got the new pods yesterday. I do not think Delilah Brien is whining. I did not get asked what I wanted in the new pod and I also do not need a bunch of confirmation screens. The PDM is never far from me and I have never gotten mine confused with any other person's PDM's. I agree that confirmation screens with names might be a good idea in some circumstances, but not every time. There should be a way to disable that and the 1 1/2 hour BS alarm. I have a CGM, so I don't need it.

Delilah, don’t let the name calling get to you! the 1.5 hour fingerstick alarm is driving me nuts. I welcome others’ input about their frustrations. thank you!

EVERYONE knew about these screens ahead of time so unless you are some kind of hacker, the menus are here to stay

Unfortunately, no work around that we’ve found. But, we have gotten used to the extra button pushes so getting through it has become rote, and we haven’t found it anything more than a slight bother.

Vent your frustrations away! We’re here to listen!!

I've wrote a couple e-mails and a letter to Insulet about their lack of selective options on the new PDM. Usability is as important as safety. I suggest everyone do the same.

There is no legitimate reason why it doesn't let me do a finger stick and THEN confirm who I am. BUT the rest of it is mostly a safety/FDA thing. And they are getting enough complaints as it is right now, so don't bother them with something they can't fix.

What is the 1.5 Blood sugar alarm? I have extra old pods I'm trying tried use up but tried the new one for 3 days and didn't have any bs alarms.

1 1/2 hours after you put on a new pod, the PDM beeps to prompt you to check your blood sugar (to make sure that the new pod is working properly and your BG hasn't gone sky high).

How did everyone know about the confirmation screens before they received the new PDM? I sure didn’t.

Hmmm don't remember it but it would be annoying. What happens if you just ignore it?

That issue definately needs to be fixed, there is no reason why the BG reading can’t be taken before the ‘confirm’.

John Bowler

Mind doesn't beep, it vibrates. Is that a setting that I turned on without knowing it?

I'm with Scott A above. I think it would work just as well if it allowed you to do a fingerstick, then confirmed who you were before bolusing just in the off chance you had someone else's PDM.

BUT I agree there should also be a way to opt in/out of that confirmation screen. I know absolutely no one else with T1d IRL, much less an Omnipod system. There's no way I'd get my PDM mixed up with others. There can be another option in the menu with say, a password or code in case you lose it and someone needs to confirm that it's yours. It doesn't really need to be NSA-level security.

Seriously though. I'm more cheesed about those stupid short needles. I get lots more bubbles now. I figured the pods aren't as deep so they need the shorter needles.
Has anyone else had that issue? Have you tried using an old-version needle and had success?

Yup, it is pretty much impossible to get all the bubbles out of the new syringes. What I ended up doing is getting all the bubbles out that I can, then flip the syringe over so the needle is pointing down and keep tapping it to get all the bubbles up to the top. Then inject the insulin into the pod but don't press the plunger in all the way. This keeps the air bubbles in the syringe. It wastes a little bit of insulin, but I prefer that to getting all those bubbles in the pod.