Anyone on Januvia?

I have been on Metformin and Januvia…After years of using IBprofen for my arthritis, the Metformin started to do the stomach upsets with me. I’d take it after meals, and vomit within a 1/2 hour…no good. They switched my arthritis med and started me on janumet, a form of both of the metformin and Januvia. It is working the best of any med I have ever taken. You do have to take it with a meal and drink lots of water…but my numbers are lower than they were on either metformin or januvia. I wouldn’t want to go back to just metformin…because I hated the gut feeling it gave me. Januvia was great, but didn’t get the numbers down like janumet does.

Hey…what was your answer here? I get chronic pain in my stomach off and on but I am presently on a Victoza shot where it administers medicine not insulin. I think pills in general can upset your stomach but you may check out the timing there when the pain occurs, like after certain foods you may be consuming. I use to take Januvia but it stopped working, at one time I alos took Actos, and my endo does not like Actos at all. Hope your feeling better.