Athletes in need of help

My son is involved in a youth triathlon team that is raising money for charity. They want it to be diabetic related because of me. We do not just want to send a check to someone, so I was thinking maybe a diabetic team or individual that may need some support for competition. Any thoughts??

Insulindependence is an interesting organization. I have signed up but haven't "run into" them since we are on sort of a different schedule here in Chicago as they do the triathlon and I was running the marathon. Someday (maybe next year...), I'd like to run the marathon (1/2?) in Carlsbad and I know they have a big presence there. Of course, if I was really gung-ho, I'd get off my butt and start a chapter but haven't done anything like that for a while. Maybe they'd fit what you are looking for as they are oriented towards supporting activity for people with diabetes.

http://www.insulindependence.org/

It also occurred to me that they could support DHF/ Tudiabetes.org as well! The Big Blue Test has grown into a pretty enormous even that would be fun to work into a training routine!

I was going to suggest looking at Triabetes but it appears they are through the link provided by acidrock. There is also Team Type 1 & 2, but some of the professionals on the cycling team are not diabetics.

Thanks for the info. I will look into the organizations listed.