Attitudes of Healthcare Professionals

I hate the word compliant

Huh? Endos can actually refuse to see you because you're a T1 and/or on the pump? I have never heard of this!

def stay away from the statins if you can..I know from myself and others on blogs on the internet they cause so many side effects that sometimes don't go away at all..especially muscular pain. In Europe, once you do become diabetic the statins and the blood pressure meds go hand in hand.

I was on simvastatin for close to 5 years and never figured out why I was always in pain. It was like having fibromyalgia. Then I read on here about statins and muscle pain, so I stopped taking the simvastatin and within a few weeks all of my symptoms had resolved and I finally felt better.

What kind of CGM do you have ? I have found the new Dexcom G4 is generally very close to what my glucometer reads - at least within a 5% range or so. And I am really happy with it.

Clare - I have the Dexcom G4, too. At times I've had very good correlation with my fingerstick readings, but I've also had some readings that were 15-20% off. My first sensor performed very well. I used it for 16 days and the readings were very close to my fingerstick readings.

I changed my second sensor out after about 10 days due to some data dropouts and poor fingerstick correlation. It worked well for the fist week though. My third sensor has taken two days to settle down and now I'm getting good correlation.

I'm also really happy with the G4. The first sensor especially showed its potential. My comments to Marypat about the Dex averages and A1c's are based on my experience in the past with the Dex 7+ system. I didn't start with the G4 until Novemeber 2. I'm hoping the G4 average will track my A1c numbers better than the 7+ did.

I just got off the phone with them they are sending me a free sensor because the second one has given me some really funky numbers, like 110 Dexcom, 55 meter, and 155 and rising with the Dex and 112 meter. So I called and complained and they are sending me a new sensor.
I did get good numbers from my first sensor as well, only I started on November 12th. It is my first experience with any D device besides my meter so we'll see how it goes. The first 12-24 hours was rocky as hell but it has improved from there.
I will find out next week how my A1C compares because I have my semi-annual endo visit.

It's everywhere.... Nurses, Lawyers, Mechanics, local Gap employees... there are arrogant A-holes in every line of work. I kept changing Dr.s until I found one that is wonderful. Keep looking and good luck!

I agree! I was on statins for awhile and had horrible leg pain. I run and could hardly walk,.. aches and pains like something awful. Spoke with my wonderful Endo and explained that I went off my meds because of this and when we checked my Cholestoral it was absolutely fine. Haven't been back since!

Terry- You are correct. I did not explain myself well- not the first time. I really did not mean the CGM, I should have said the fingerstick BG compared to the A1c. The fingerstick BG data indicates that the A1c should have been closer to 5.8.