Best laid plans

Ok, I know, I know, as much as we plan diabetes rears its ugly head and messes everything up.
Here is how I wanted it to go.
I have a few boxes of G4 sensors and a brand new G4 receiver and transmitter. The receiver and transmitter have been sitting in the hall closet just collecting dust but was my back up if needed.
I got a new G6 set up at the beginning of November. I ordered it when my G4 went out of warranty and was hoping for a new Tandem X2. So I am sitting on the G6 product to hopefully get somewhat of a stock pile before I start using it.
Well this past week my very old receiver and transmitter died. Perfect timing right?! So I had to pull out the back up receiver and transmitter and fired it up. It was gut wrenching because I am a hoarder! I always want a back up.
So Friday I got confirmation that my Tandem X2 is on it’s way. 3 to 5 business days. Very excited and can’t wait but wonder if I should continue with my old G4 until they are gone or just fire up the new system as soon as I get it. And if I do, than what do I do with the old sensors, receiver and transmitter in use? Such problems, right?
So yesterday, while I was out shopping, the button on my old Tandem stopped working. Called Tandem and asked for a call back. While I waited, I did plug it in and the screen came on. So I did a bolus after I disconnected and it was working. So thank goodness I didn’t have to do injections of Novolg throughout the night. Now, I have a brand new pump coming but it could be up to 5 days. So when I finally got a call back and we did all the things I had already done, she told me because my pump is under wary until the 30th, they will send me a replacement. So she said 24-36 hours and I kinda laughed because the headquarters is just down the freeway. So I should have it in a few hours. But I just felt like all the planning to try and get everything to line up went out the door. As usual when dealing with diabetes.
So I now need to find someone who might want some sensors, a receiver and a already started transmitter. I am thinking the family clinic in town might have somehow go could use it. Or ask any of the doctors I work with if they know of a clinic that might want it.
But hopefully my next plan will go better than this one. But as always, diabetes doesn’t always play fair. And I am very thankful I have access to all this equipment! And not to rub it in, but I did get my pump set up and 3 more months of sensors for wait for it, FREE! The joys of it being the end of the year! My last Tandem was $20 at the end of the year.

1 Like

That is wonderful to give to someone. Check some of the post of where you may be able to send it. Thanks for thinking of others.