Bible Cure for Diabetes

Anyone have any input regarding Don Colbert's book "The New Bible Cure for Diabetes?" A friend of mine bought a copy for me - and I wondered if anyone has read it. ( I guess I'm being lazy - I have plenty of fun things to read right now, and would rather skip it if it's not going to offer me new and useful information.)

Thanks for your advice!

M.

It’s probably as worthless as the cinnamon ruse.

Mel

i’m a pretty spiritual person, but he lost me at…

…“Specifically ask the Lord to heal your pancreas and
restore its ability to manufacture insulin…”

when discussing T1 diabetes.

That makes no sense. Posit the existence of a god for a minute. If you believe that he is both all good and all powerful, why did he create diabetes to begin with?

Haven’t read it nor thinking about it I really don’t want to. A Bible cure for Diabetes? Huh?

I read the first chapter. I wouldn’t go near that book with a 10 foot pole. Quack biblical medical science. He does throw in some real information like how bad high fructose corn syrup is for everyone. The rest of it made me very uncomfortable.

I just got the book from a friend also. I read the first chapter and as I read the second chapter I got more uncomfortable with what it was saying so I put the book down an I will not be reading anymore of it.

nod Yep, kinda suspected it was not going to be a useful book - but I appreciate the sentiment from the lady who gave it to me… and the input from you all.

Frances… so many books have been written on your question with so many answers… Any one of which probably tackles the subject more eloquently than I could even attempt… My personal outlook is that God gave us perfection and we (humanity) screwed it up - I don’t find THAT hard to swallow at all. :wink:

However, I was not looking to start a religous debate… (though I’d be happy to share my personal beliefs with anyone who would like to hear them, through mail - rather than posts…)

SF Pete… Woah! Stop the presses! High Fructose Corn Syrup is BAD??? :wink:

Bubbaluv… Wow… that leads down the slippery slope of “If you had greater faith, you wouldn’t have health issues.” Didn’t the Apostle Paul knock that theory out a couple thousand years ago?
I think I’d rather pray for the strength to manage the D - keep a positive attitude - set an example for my child that adversity doesn’t have to lead to weakness and hopelessness - and maybe even for a cure for ALL of us, not just one of us. Though - I will admit - if God wants to give me a working pancreas, I’ll take it! :slight_smile:

Thanks all for the input!

Reading the first few paragraphs from Duck’s link was plenty for me It’s geared for people with a third grade reading level. The title alone is enough to keep me away.

This book is snake oil, and the person who wrote it is a snakeoil salesman!
I wrote about this book extensively on my blog, Diabetesaliciousness. Here are the links:
http://diabetesaliciousness.blogspot.com/2010/06/there-otta-be-lawthis-made-me-mad-and-i.html

http://diabetesaliciousness.blogspot.com/2010/06/et-tu-cvs-i-cant-believe-your-hocking.html

I also “spoke” with the good Dr. Colbert on Twitter - Here’s what went down - word for word.
http://diabetesaliciousness.blogspot.com/2010/06/internal-diabetes-bullsht-filter-switch.html

Forgive me in advance for linking to my blog- but since your talking about the Diabetes Bible Cure, I thought it was appropriate!

Yes… stupidity is also a disease of choice. lol

ugh, seeing a book with this title actually makes me angry. Praying will not make Diabetes go away.

Now my well-intentioned friend is sending me supplements (I’m fairly sure, as she called for my address and would not say why). Then told me that I should "keep an open mind’ and try this - as doctors do not know everything…

I told her I’d be happy to run any supplements by my endo and see what she says- “NO… don’t do that. She’ll just say not to do it!” Umm… yeah? I’m sure! Does she expect me to go off all the other meds I take and take just this? Cause, ANYTIME I start a new medication, I have to work with my doc and pharmacist to be certain it won’t interfere with the other meds I take. If I took some new drug, without checking, God knows what interactions it could have… Get real! I’ve put too much money and work into my care plan with my doctor to just trash it on a lark! The frustrating thing is that she’ll have the attitude that any problem I develop from here on out are my "fault’ since I won’t do what so obviously needs to be done.

It is SO frustrating to feel this mix of utter resentment and yet feel the need to appreciate the sentiment. It’s got to be pretty easy at age 80, with NO chronic illnesses - freaking EVER - to find the “cure” for someone else then resent them not following through on your plan. (Don’t get me wrong - I don’t wish anyone ill health, but when I realize that I’ve truly never expected to live to be 80… She really can not conceive of where I’m coming from - or how I feel - or what I should do.)

Sometimes people are well-intentioned & sometimes they’re just being pushy.