Blood test came back

Positive today. (Happy Friday the 13th)

Any messages to the effect of “don’t be scared, you can do this” would be much appreciated. Because right now, I am scared.

Don’t be scared! You can do it! :slight_smile:

I was scared when I got my positive test a few weeks ago because I wasn’t quite ready and my BG levels were not great. But since then things have gone better and my diabetic nurse has been great and so encouraging-even when I get some of those not so great spikes. Being pregnant makes you extremely motivated and taking control of your diabetes is easier because of that, it is a lot of work though so prepare yourself. Listen to your body and allow yourself to do nothing for the first trimester-even non diabetics find it difficult for the first 12-14 weeks.

Congrats :slight_smile:

You CAN do this! Take things one day at a time at this point. Take good care of yourself – you have the best reason to do so now!

Let us know when any questions come up!

thanks ya’ll. I’m going to do my best, check often, and be a bum. (already I’ve got the bum part down)(exhaustion) Anything can happen but I am determined not to let diabetes be the complicating factor.

I am scared too but we can do this TOGETHER!!! It will be sooo worth it in the end when we hold those precious babies in our arms!!! :slight_smile:

it sure will-good luck to you)))