Call Me Frustrated

Cosumne, how I empathise with you. I eat low carb and exercise and take my prescribed Metformin and never drop weight only put it on. So very frustrating.

It is frustrating that some people just naturally have a harder time keeping our bodies attractive! At least we know we are not alone.

I did a workout today where I was literally covered in sweat at the end. If it does not allow me to lose any weight or inches, at least I will sleep well. Maybe I can do intense enough workouts to get that edrenaline rush again. At least those give me a natural high if all I am ever going to lose is 3/4 of an inch off my belly. I was so hungry this afternoon after I ate my lunch and afternoon snack that I broke down and bought a bag of peanuts from the vending machine. How do you guys get past the hunger when trying to lose? I used to be able to obviously because I used to have to make sure I did not drop too much. It has been a difficult balance for me. When I lose I am usually under a high stress situation where I do not want to eat at all. Otherwise I am at my normal loathing my tummy state. Yoga and stretches really show the fat versus the muscle. What body parts you guys struggling with. Does drinking a lot of water help you? Do you find you are fatter where you inject insulin so is the insulin causing the fat? Going to Costco at least helps motivate me to stick to m meal plan since I live alone so only I can finish that organic produce before it goes bad. Starting my last workout I will go high intensity with a little tweaks for my bad knees.

wow so sorry my doc told me to eat all that u mentioned and my #S have dropped from 4 and 500 by 2 3 in the afternoon im eating like u no white flour everything u mentioned no garbage food either ive lost 9 lbs and my #S are now 120 to 200 but when it start raising i take my metformin same as u 500 about 12 and i ck every 5 hours and everything goes down to like 140 then at bed i take 8 or 10 units of insulin some times i dont take any insulin but when i wake up my number is averaging 120 thats not bad its actully pretty good compared to what it was i dont think u doc should have told u it doesnt matter what u eat it does matter im living proof bad carbs are no good just alil will raise ur #S veggies and not too much fruit berries mostly and fish salmon and tuna is good for u and will keep those #S down and u have to ck all day to lower those #S even u u have to take a half of ahalf onf metformion

see now ive lost 9 lbs in 6 weeks probaly some water its seems like aslow process but it does come down about 1 lb aweeks i think very slow but not to bad it doesnt go up im not that heavy about 15 lbs over weight iweigh about 130 last yr when i was taking 2000 of metformin aday i lost weight like 122 last yr but i had to go off that med cause it was causing cirrocis of my liver a long with bp meds i gainedc like alot of weight when i went off metformin right now i went bac k onmetformin 500 around noon and thats it and i eat healthy like im suppose to veggies
mostly and so my numbers are dropping to satifaction

since ive changed my eating completely cali flower brocoli no bread some time a slice of 100% wheat not two slices one with tuna and i eat alot less everything half of what i ued toeat and fish and tuna and salmon three times aweek some turkey and chicken probucts watch those carb #S and ck sugar #S often im doing great feel really good my legs and kness were hurting acouple months ago thats all gone now that im eating different and im aheart aptient too so im not eating butter and cheese and fat unless that fat is from fish or salmon or other meats ive mentioned no cheating on this diet no sugar free cause thers carbs no good deont work sugar fake doent work i made complete change3 in everything i cant stand real juck food i cat drink milk ive tasted old food yukk im used to eating like rabbit now it like when u switch to skim milk u get used to it after while

hopfully i ve helped other people it works for me not evrybody can give up fried foods and cookies but i want to live sio i have so far its working i hope u all can find away that works for u too

The hunger pangs… Not easily, like a crack sddict until your body adapts. It can be brutal! I usually plan 2-3 main meals with smaller ones to tide me over, a carrot or whatever.

Sweat is good! As your cardio gets better, get some resistance training in if you can handle it, nothing nasty - simple free weights, works for me. Resistance reshapes, cardio endurance, need both. The belly is the hardest to lose! Still working on it! Grrrr…

You need to eat, just eat better! As you get stronger, you may find that you’ll need more fuel for the furnace.

Water wise, I drink enough to keep me hydrated and that varies day to day. Heavier workouts, I might go thru a 1 1/2 gallons, other days, 2-3 liters.

If I understand it correctly, body converts everything to sugar eventually, what can’t be processed or ejected is stored. Exercise for me helps control that nasty habit! :slight_smile:

Either way, hope it works out for you! It just takes time! I’m a T2, use exercise & diet, and that infamous meter. Stretches… I cringe with pain - I can’t stretch like that! Grrr… Wrong page - its says women not men! :slight_smile:

Attitude! Keeps u motivated!

Are you exercising regularly? That seems to be the best way to encourage weight loss, as exercise decreases insulin resistance, lowers blood sugar, and also revs up the body's metabolism so that it used food more efficiently and burns fat more efficiently.

And you don't need to become an "exercise nut"...20 minutes of aerobic exercise a day can make a dramtic difference, and it doesn't even matter if you do it all at once. If time is limited, try to fit 10 minutes of exercise in twice a day. Find ways to add it to daily activities, such as taking stairs instead of elevators, parking further away from the store in a parking lot, etc. You can add a lot of exercise by just adding a few minutes here and there.

Ruth

Hi you should read Diet 101 the truth about low carb diets it might help you understand what is going on inside. Its very insightful. Download on Kindle for £6.99