Cant get pods

I’ve been calling Insulet and the distributor for some months now. No reliable information has been obtained.

I’m out of pumps now and can’t seem to obtain anymore. For some reason they cut my supply in half. The rx has not changed. ?!?! Any info floating around out there?

That stinks!

Private message me as I may have an idea. I tried to pm you but not in profile.

Dan

1 Like

Has anyone ever looked into reusing pods. I always wondered if there was some kind of hack

1 Like

They pretty much self-destruct secret agent style in 3 days

2 Likes

I can definitely help if for dash. Wasn’t sure what I could post here.

Hope they got what they needed.

Dan

1 Like

That’s gross, @Timothy. :joy: Pods are gross when you take them off.

I’m on the old fashioned Euros pods.

My paranoias are that 1.) Insulet is forcing me to upgrade, since this problem only just popped up after 8 months of “normal” behavior in response to a “normal” prescription; or, 2.) I’m seeing a Primary Care (not an endo) and someone somewhere is ‘giving him the business’ because they know that he won’t know how to fight back. Maybe the name on the Rx doesn’t carry any weight? Maybe manufacturing of these things has dried up and they don’t have any left. We are kicked off of Euros in 6 more months. It takes an hour just to get Insulet on the phone.

1 Like

@mohe0001,
I have a ton of those.

Yes they will expire at some point, but they will work well beyond the expiration date that is on the pod. And in general, if the pod primes, it will work. It does not just suddenly expire in the middle of the 3 days.

Also, your PDM will continue to work as long as you give it batteries. Don’t worry about if it is no longer under warranty.

The internal clock battery may not work on the PDM, but that only means you will have to reset the clock, and that is only when you have to change the pod batteries. Other than that, the clock works fine as long as you put new batteries in it once a month.

The trick there is to just change the batteries once a month between pods, so you don’t have to reset the clock in the middle of a pod session.

At some point, you will have to make a change, because the old pods will no longer be available.

But let’s change the subject, and talk about pancakes!

I have many boxes of the old style pancake mix that I have leftover. I am no longer using that pancake mix, I am using the newer style of pancake mix.

If you want the boxes of the older style pancake mix, they are yours. Many boxes! Wonderful delicious pancakes, that certainly won’t offend any moderators.

Just PM me.

2 Likes

Are these pancakes stock piled war rations from covid? I finally ate through my food stockpiles. I decided that the war was over and it was time to indulge.

The distributor (who is somehow connected w/ my insurer) called Omnipod and spent a LONG TIME on the phone with them. She is my hero. She somehow worked everything out and acknowledged that they were not honoring the prescription and made them overnight supplies. Should arrive today! I have no idea how she worked this out. I’ve tried and tried.

2 Likes

No, I had a pancake subscription for the old pancakes for a long time, and I filled my pancake subscription whenever it came due, which was every 3 months.

So over the years I built up my pancake supply. And I always used the oldest boxes first, so the ones I currently have are not very old.

Then I switched to the new pancakes, so I still have the ones left over.

So are you good with pancakes now, or do you still need some?

1 Like

Ahhh, I took it literally. Now I’m a bit disappointed.
Yeah, thanks, they arrived today! I’m saved!

1 Like

:joy:

Well, if you want actual pancake mix, I can send you that too.

:joy:

4 Likes